Author Topic: I've blown his mind ....  (Read 19269 times)

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
Re: I've blown his mind ....
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2013, 10:59:17 AM »
Kayakoy? please be careful, its been a few years since the Beledeyi threatened to knock all the dwellings down for being illegally built. Hopefully this has now been resolved and you have the house of your dreams
There's a lot of illegally built properties in Kaya valley and some are still ongoing. The builders get find and just carry on. I'm not sure whether any buildings have been demolished but on the Keciler road out of Kayakoy there's a semi completed apartment block that been there as long as we can remember and we first visited in 2002.

In Keciler somebody built a villla an pool within 30 metres of the mosque  >:( >:( the first occupants only lasted a few weeks as I think the Hoja turned up the sound system for the call to prayers.

We arrive in Keciler for a 6 month stay on the 30th October this is our rented cottage.  http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/turkey/tk909.htm if anybody is passing and the car is on the drive you are welcomed to call in for refreshments and a chat.

DonM

Offline Menthol

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2013, 14:57:51 PM »
Oh Don. That cottage is gorgeous!

Arty, Suzz - when I get back home and have my laptop and not this infernal iPad, I will send you pics.

And Bluwise - I've been trying to spot you too. I went up to a lady stood outside the Nil Bar and said 'Does Bluwise mean anything to you?' The lady shrugged and laughed at me. And then spoke in German to her husband....

Offline Lotty

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2013, 15:42:57 PM »
That's really funny Menthol! I think I'd spot you easily though with that black moustache and beard!   ;) ;D

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2013, 15:45:28 PM »
Hahaha!  Lotty, in years to come, when Menthol changes her avatar, that's going to sound SO rude!!!   ;D ;D ;D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2013, 14:56:56 PM »
Another problem with the pipework in Turkey (apart from it being small diameter) is the fact that tradespeople (especially tilers) use the bathroom floor outlet pipe as a quick disposal unit for rubble at the end of the day/job. I have seen numerous plumbing nightmares where it turns out that the outlet pipe is full of broken tiles and dry chunks of tile grout or plaster, sent down from higher floors.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2013, 16:13:25 PM »
Oh my. Really could do with someone making our minds up for us.

Gone from 'Let's buy a property somewhere in Fethiye'
to

'Let's buy a 3 bed villa somewhere in Fethiye'
to

'Let's buy a minimum 4 bed villa in Calis or Ovacik'
To

'Let's buy this ridiculously large villa in Ovacik with a huge pool and no immediate neighbours and the most stunning views which needs air con and heating and a little TLC'

To
'Let's rent somewhere for 6 months and then see how we feel'

To
'What the hell are we thinking about? Are we insane? We've hardly got a dream house in the UK, why are we looking here? The Turkish politics are looking decidedly iffy (I need to stop reading about that) and what about my ageing Dad?'

Then travelling back from Fethiye after lunch in the Saray lokanta (average) and on the Calis water taxi about an hour ago and saying 'But just LOOK at it. Why wouldn't we want to buy here?'

Going to mosey on down to Kipa in a bit and then come back and get stuck into the freshest, juiciest fruit and salad we bought from Calis Market this morning.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2013, 16:55:05 PM »
Why not view a few apartments too then Arty?  It's easy enough to upgrade to a villa if and when you decide to make the move a permanent one.
More food for thought  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2013, 17:03:02 PM »
Not Arty Anne. Menthol :D

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2013, 19:41:47 PM »
Menthol, is there a reason you decided not rent first to be sure?  That is often suggested on here and I think it makes a lot of sense.  To experience the whole package for 6 months would give you an even better insight into what's in store.  I say 'even better insight' because clearly you have already thought this through and done a lot of research but if there is even the slightest doubt, what have you got to lose - unless you are sure you have found the perfect villa/spot and don't want to miss out?
A long term rental gives you the opportunity to experience the frustrations as well as 'living the dream' without committing to a property you possibly may not use as much as you planned.
As Anne said, more food for thought -

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2013, 19:44:42 PM »
Not Arty Anne. Menthol :D

oops aplogies Menthol

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf