Author Topic: I've blown his mind ....  (Read 19257 times)

Offline Menthol

Re: I've blown his mind ....
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2013, 20:59:38 PM »
Yes I have thought about the renting long term option and no, there's no good reason why I haven't yet chosen this route. And yes it makes complete sense to do this which is why I probably won't do it. And if that sounds childish, that's also probably true.

Got first time viewings of the final properties I'm prepared to look at tomorrow and Tuesday. We could look at properties for the next month, there are so many on the market at the moment.

Some guy in Calis market got talking to TA this morning and mentioned the bargains to be had in Kemer.... I lied and said it gets snowed in and cut off every winter. Should any of you bump into us, please maintain this lie. Thank you.

We're going to need a holiday after this.

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2013, 21:08:53 PM »
No need to rent long term, just rent for 6 months and have a 'chill' property hunt instead of a 100 metre dash !!!!
(Easy to say when you are excited to buy though    ;) )
We will probably rent for a couple of years before we take the plunge.

P.S.  Sounds like you've had a really relaxing break  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Menthol

« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2013, 21:32:49 PM »
Look how sensible you and Angela are.

You'll be able to put your money in a nice interest earning Turkish bank account whilst you rent too. Makes complete sense. Total rental bargains too out there, particularly in Tasyaka.

:)

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2013, 22:49:41 PM »
Some guy in Calis market got talking to TA this morning and mentioned the bargains to be had in Kemer.... I lied and said it gets snowed in and cut off every winter. Should any of you bump into us, please maintain this lie. Thank you.

Haha!!  I love you Aisha!  You make me laugh.  Luckily Kemer always has 7 or 8 feet of snow without fail and is very much more prone to earthquakes than anywhere else in the area.  Or at least that's what I've heard...    ;)  ;)  ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2013, 22:53:19 PM »
Jeez

People from Kemer visit Uzumlu for a wild night out!

Offline Lotty

« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2013, 23:05:10 PM »
Kevin is right  I think, what harm could 6 months renting do? You'd certainly have made up your minds with no regrets?  I always say when in doubt DON'T. But hey, whatever works for you go with gut instinct

Offline angela

« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2013, 10:07:41 AM »
Dear Aisha,
 I feel your pain, and can begin to sense the panic!! I really hope you don't make a hasty decision.  Looking forward to more news! x

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2013, 10:21:53 AM »
My belief has always been the old cliché that "you'll know" - and if you don't, you haven't seen it yet. Trust me, I was an estate agent  ;) 

Offline quackers

« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2013, 15:08:42 PM »
And a good one.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2013, 15:34:54 PM »
Thank you Quacks, you are very kind.

That was back in the days when you used to hold the key (pardon the pun) to helping people realise their dreams. I loved those days so much, but glad I'm not doing it now. I quit the day I couldn't take one more person telling me "But Manzara won't charge us 3%" - I gave it all up before I hacked someone with 50 grand to spend and couldn't be told anything, to death.

I believe that was the time when avoiding paying 3% commission became far more important than getting your tapu, habitation certificate, or even in some cases getting your villa. But hey, they saved 1500 quid.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf