Author Topic: Harem Restaurant  (Read 9136 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Harem Restaurant
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 22:08:50 PM »
Him and his bloody implants, why does he think any of us is interested. I have no doubt he told you he was the owner. Mehmet is the owner (and has been since the year dot) unless George has won the lottery.

Mehmet is, as Clioman2 says, one of the gentlemen of life and someone I have great respect for.

Offline Pi55y

Harem Restaurant
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 01:02:03 AM »
Mehmet has just returned to Calis from his other restaurant in Majorca. He is a really nice guy.

Offline Brianbern

Harem Restaurant
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 22:23:55 PM »
Every summer my family and I have been dining at the Harem since  this restaurant first opened. Mehmet and his family-run restaurant have consistently offered fantastic food served with superb hospitality.
My two daughters have just returned from Calis after an excellent two week stay in the Oykun Hotel and they regularly dined at the Harem.
I am delighted that Mehmet has returned from Spain and will add his personal touch to maintain the richly deserved reputation of his restaurant.
I will be rounding the corner at the junction on Tuesday and will enjoy a chilled glass of Efes as I watch the sun dipping over the mountains. These memories sustain you throughout the prolonged dark of a Sottish winter.

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
Harem Restaurant
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 12:53:46 PM »
Enjoyed a few good meals at the Harem over the last 2 weeks and previous 15 years.
Only downside was that they have renewed all the furniture since last year doing away with the comfortable cushioned cane chairs and low tables which formerly fronted the restaurant.
These were perfect for a quiet drink before or after a meal or coffee and cake throughout the day.
Mehmet admitted that he had lost some business because of this and as a result replacements are on order.
Hopefully they will be in place soon.

Offline Christie

Harem Restaurant
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2009, 20:24:06 PM »
We also thought it was a shame they removed the (comfortable) cane chairs and low tables along the front - as you say it was a lovely spot to sit at any time, especially for a late drink.   It seems a shame that most of the restaurants feel they have to change their furniture to such stark upright chairs etc - we feel the Harem has lost its ambience and to be honest we were a bit disappointed with our meals there.  We willl however give it the benefit of doubt and try it again in September.

Offline diamond

Harem Restaurant
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 17:25:56 PM »
Me and my husband  have been going to Harem for 9 years. Memhet is a true gentlemen and a very dear friend of ours. The food is excellent and would highly recommend Harem We was out there in September and Memhet was not there he was in Spain, I have to say we missed Memhet. We have been told he is back and we are looking forward to seeing him.

Offline Issey

Harem Restaurant
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 08:43:52 AM »
Have to say, Harem was the worse meal in Calis, it was cold, the fries weren't cooked, the bread was dry and crispy, they tried to charge us for 2 beers which were actually included in the meal price. We were a table for 2 there was 2 other tables of 4 and a 3 in at the same time and we were all suprised how fast the food came out, but there again it wasn't cooked, when we left the group of 4 were agruing about their bill being wrong too. Not a good place to eat!!

Offline Piscoe

Harem Restaurant
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2009, 15:27:49 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Issey

Have to say, Harem was the worse meal in Calis, it was cold, the fries weren't cooked, the bread was dry and crispy, they tried to charge us for 2 beers which were actually included in the meal price. We were a table for 2 there was 2 other tables of 4 and a 3 in at the same time and we were all suprised how fast the food came out, but there again it wasn't cooked, when we left the group of 4 were agruing about their bill being wrong too. Not a good place to eat!!

Issey, I am surprised as I have been going there for the last 5 years and I have to say the food and the service has always been top notch (and I'm a fussy bugger at the best of times[:o)]) Mehmet is a lovely chap who always goes out of his way to ensure you have a first class experience. He would be mortified to hear your comments.

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
Harem Restaurant
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2009, 17:42:17 PM »
Was this a meal taken recently?
Assuming that it was,anyone else been in lately and want to comment?
As piscoe said the Harem has always been reliable.

Offline gt

Harem Restaurant
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2009, 19:40:31 PM »
as diamond says mehmet is calis's best kept secret a true gentleman and his place is so consistant great food and a service second to none look forward to seeing him again sadly missing for past 12 mths in spain.with a reply to issey are you sure you have the right place,7 years without a problem it cannot be the same place sorry

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf