Author Topic: flamingo Fethiye  (Read 10128 times)

Offline Bright Eyes

flamingo Fethiye
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 13:46:21 PM »
Im afraid I have to disagree. I was really looking forward to a meal here as many of my friends had recommended it but I was really disapointed. I had carbonara which was bland and rather greasy and my husbands mixed grill was that undercooked that im sure it still had a pulse! I also found the service to be poor and a bit slap dash. Maybe they were just having a bad day as everyone else has given it rave reviews.

Offline littlereddevil

flamingo Fethiye
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 15:15:50 PM »
Yes the service can be slap dash when they are busy. They wandered around several tables with our garlic pizza bread before reaching us so it was cold. Very tasty though when you get it hot.
I quite like it as it is on my doorstep and can be nice for a change from Turkish food, which I love. One time though I asked about the missing pine nuts on my pasta dish and I was brought a dish of sauce. Maybe the pine nuts were ground in the sauce.

Offline Foosey

flamingo Fethiye
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 18:40:00 PM »
We visited the Flamingo last week for a meal. Beautiful setting there is no doubt, quite reasonable prices. Starters were good, chicken with pepper sauce was luke warm and the chicken very bland and not seasoned but the pepper sauce was good, daughter had a pasta dish that she enjoyed and hubby had fish which he said was nice.
Hope they dont rely too much on the beautiful setting and let the standard of the food slip. Service was reasonable.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 18:40:55 PM by Foosey »

Offline amanda bullock

flamingo Fethiye
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2009, 17:07:49 PM »
I know the restaurant was new this year as it changed ownership so obviously it will have a few teething problems with staff etc.when we visited it was fairly quiet both times and both the service and food were excellent.I'm sure it will be dealt with when they get things up and running properly.Definately the best place in Fethiye.

Offline mavigoz

flamingo Fethiye
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2009, 09:52:59 AM »
I have been several times recently and enjoyed various dishes. I love the garlic/cheese pizza bread starter, and also the pizzas themselves are good, nice thin crispy base and plenty of toppings.
I think the prices are reasonable and as we can walk to and from, its definately one of our favourite locals.

Offline Donna2202

flamingo Fethiye
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 17:34:52 PM »
Went for lunch here today, such a perfect day for it. The food was lovely and no problem with service. A few 'extras' had been added to our bill when it came though so please check your bill carefully if you go here.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
flamingo Fethiye
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2009, 00:28:12 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Donna2202

Went for lunch here today, such a perfect day for it. The food was lovely and no problem with service. A few 'extras' had been added to our bill when it came though so please check your bill carefully if you go here.

Please explain

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
flamingo Fethiye
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2009, 08:58:49 AM »
Sat there yesterday fishing what more could you want lovely setting nice warm sunshine a couple of efes ,they have a new electronic order pad they are still getting used to it they have told me to check just in case . ;)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
flamingo Fethiye
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2009, 09:10:21 AM »
They had the electronic order pads months ago! So how many years are they going to use that as an excuse?:-\
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 12:59:02 PM by tribalelder »

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
flamingo Fethiye
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2009, 12:05:53 PM »
As many years as when decimalisation came in maybe.??

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf