Author Topic: Restaurants  (Read 2947 times)

Offline johntaylor49

Restaurants
« on: August 30, 2009, 11:45:35 AM »
Forgetting the price but not the value, any specific recommendations anybody?

Don't mind paying a bit more for anything a bit special??

John

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Restaurants
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 14:31:56 PM »
The Flamingo by the heads in Fethiye. Just out of Calis. Excellent.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Restaurants
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 15:58:12 PM »
Everyone on the Forum has their own particular favourites, and it's depends on personal choice, some Forum members like the English Food places i.e. Sunday Roasts,  Full English Breakfasts etc., Some like traditional Turkish food.  Some want Chinese, Mexican or Italian.   Then there is the location..  Some like small restaurants in side streets, some like to pay a little extra and sit on on prom with it's wonderful views.
All these places have their own particular merits and it's hard to get a bad meal in and around Calis..  The restaurants try hard to please and work long hard hours for the benefit of us tourists.
Look at the old threads for recommendations if you wish, but my advise is just go out and try a few different places, you will soon find your own favourites so when you come back next time you will look forward to visiting them again.

Offline june

Restaurants
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 16:53:17 PM »
Jackie you are so right, quite a few brits just like the same food as home, I have to say for Stu and I it could not be more different, we just love the Turkish food and the restaurants in Calis are mega.

John, everyone has different taste but we try lots, for different we really love the Fishmarket in Fethiye, you pick a restaurant where you want to eat, they go with you to pick you fish from the slab, its prepared and sent to the restaurant and they cook it for you, its brill and the fish is fantastic....one of the best places and cheaper is through the fish market into where they sell the veggies and on the left a little place that father and daughter head up..Rukiye I think her name is?...its cheaper than sitting in the actualy fishmarket but Fab... :)don't go to the toilet there though unless you have a good head for heights!!!

Apart from that on a good day the Sat Restaurant is very good and the setting just amazing, we have eaten there several times and its always been good but I understand it can be a bit hit and miss.

I love italian food so Bella's and La Casa's are a must...

Kale Park Restaurant in Fethiye is very good and fantastic setting also, but I am sure where ever you go you will not be disappointed, generally speaking the food and the people are just great.. :)

Offline busybee

Restaurants
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 17:37:23 PM »
Always had fantastic food in the Harem.  If you want a really authentic meal Memhet will do you proud but you do have to let him know the day before.

As he says his menu reflects what the general public want.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Restaurants
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 09:58:34 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by busybee

Always had fantastic food in the Harem.  If you want a really authentic meal Memhet will do you proud but you do have to let him know the day before.

As he says his menu reflects what the general public want.

I am curious, do you mean by "authentic" a Turkish meal?  If so you can go down the road to Sardunya who only serve Turkish food and get an excellent meal immediately without waiting 24 hours.  It was full when we were over two weeks ago, so obviously the general public want good Turkish food.

Offline june

Restaurants
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 12:27:11 PM »
Sardunya is top of my list for us to try, i remember his food when he used to have the little place on the corner until it closed down, its was great and very cheap and as Jacqui says speaks volumes by the amount of turkish people that eat there....can' wait..... :)

Offline Piscoe

Restaurants
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 15:08:11 PM »
Sat serves lovely food although perhaps not for those on a strict budget.

Harem for traditional turkish food cooked beautifully.

But the best has to be any of the restaurants around the fish market. Just buy yourself a kilo of prawns and ask the restaurant to cook them in a chilli and garlic sauce. Have it served with salad, bread and home made chips. dead yummy!!

Offline Foosey

Restaurants
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 17:44:47 PM »
Orient Express has always served us great food. La casa di mama for Italian and a suprise to us the year Serkul 1 did a fantastic chow mein, the best I have ever tasted.

Offline johntaylor49

Restaurants
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 12:46:58 PM »
I came, I saw, I ate!

Had lot of good food and thanks to everyone for advice!

Loved the Fish Market, went to Citur as was recommended and
absolutely excellent, should have just had the small bottle of Raki though!

Pasa Kebab great, especially lunchtime!

Had great meal at Anna

Like you all said, go and find!

Had so much good food everywhere, stopped and got Gosleme from
little old man at side of road on way from Oludeniz to Letoon on coast road, 10 lira for both of us including Ayran and a tip!

A suggestion if I may, how about us all contributing to a
"map" that shows where all the Restraurants etc. are? :)

I will look at what I could produce based on my Fethiye and Calis
roadmap.

John

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf