Author Topic: Kale Park  (Read 5035 times)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Kale Park
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2009, 06:00:24 AM »
It most certainly is walkable....yes a steep climb but plenty to look at on the way (Excuse to stop and Rest) We have often done the walk passing Kale Park and on to Kaya Koy. About Three hours with lots of Photo stops and to just admire the view. Once after a light lunch in Kaya we continued the walk into Hisaronu another hour or so...but very glad to sit and rest when we got there!:D

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Kale Park
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2009, 06:13:31 AM »
You can get to Kale Park from the other side of Fethiye. It as still uphill but slightly less steep. Go past the last row of small shops after the Tourist information centre.  Turn left up a short steep hill opposite the Marina Entrance, then turn left again into Abdiipekci Caddesi which winds up at the back of the Ampitheatre all the way to Kale Park.  Lots of Pick-nick tables and seats on the way to (rest)stop and see some wonderful views of Fethiye :)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Kale Park
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2009, 08:32:31 AM »
Brian - yet another on our list - of "things to do" - your slightly less steep option sounds a possibility!  8)

Ian

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Kale Park
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2009, 09:12:03 AM »
That comes out about 50 - 60 feet above Kale Park. Maybe less steep at the end, but a much longer route and the first 300 metres are far steeper.

Whichever way you walk up it'll give you a great appetite !

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
Kale Park
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2009, 12:24:57 PM »
We have walked up to the Tombs - so hopefully only another 5 minutes from there?

I always get mixed up when driving up that road - via the old fire station - as I never know which way to go when the road forks - I suspect when they are open we will get a clue from there anyway by looking up  :)

Offline LeeGlo

Kale Park
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2009, 14:03:15 PM »
Easy way is to get a taxi from the rank next to the PTT, 4 of us went for the carvery lunch earlier this year, taxi cost us 7 lira, so it was equivalent to a dolmus price. The views are brilliant and the food very good. We walked back down in order to admire the rock tombs, and to walk off the lunch. A very enjoyable Sunday afternoon.

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
Kale Park
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2009, 14:29:45 PM »
LeeGlo - an excellent idea - taxi up - walk down - I should have thought of that and even I can "stretch" to 7 YTL  8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf