Author Topic: Seketur Hotel restaurant  (Read 6419 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Seketur Hotel restaurant
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 14:08:47 PM »
Your meal is 11.5 lira John as you claim never to pay more than 3.5 TL for a large Efes :D

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Seketur Hotel restaurant
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2010, 14:11:46 PM »
I should have added a little note for lance if and when he reads this!Not to long ago he paid,I believe,12lira for a Prawn Cocktail at Guvens.Another small restaurant,that seem to be developing poetic licence when giving you a bill.Beware.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Seketur Hotel restaurant
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2010, 18:13:27 PM »
Yes i did and it was bloody warm but i was told thats how it should be it had to be cooked fresh ,bloody morons ,i've only been in catering 30 years first time i have heard of that idiots ,and the food in seckter is still crap thats my opion  john,we both are allowed our own
i go for good food, not cheap food and cheap beer, each to there own theres a bar next to ayden pide  selling large efes 2.5 lr go for it mate[^] ;)

Offline captainjon

Seketur Hotel restaurant
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2010, 19:07:14 PM »
You are absolutely right Scunner,I do not,but as a comparison for LanceI rounded it up so not to confuse him.Unfortunately a lot of holiday makers do pay those amounts.Also I make sure I visit restaurants more than once before I complement or criticize their food or service.J

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Seketur Hotel restaurant
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2010, 19:18:54 PM »
Very noble of you, I too have a rule on this. I only compliment or criticise restaurants that I have been to at least once.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Seketur Hotel restaurant
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2010, 19:28:49 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by captainjon

Also I make sure I visit restaurants more than once before I complement or criticize their food or service.

Here is a quote (I could find several more but one will suffice to make the point) dated January 13th from yourself regarding Zakkum restaurant:

"It is situated in a large garden on the right hand side.Have to say the wife and I sampled this location for the first time two days ago and were very impressed.The staff are great,very pleasant and proffesional.The coffee here is also superb,something as good as my mums was when she made it with milk.The wife had a english breakfast which is without a doubt one of the best I have seen in Fetiye or Calis.10 out of 10 here."

I'd call that exactly the opposite to your claim of today as quoted above.

I take it your point targets my comments about your beloved Bostan's. At least I'm honest enough to say I do make comment on restaurants after only visiting them once.

Offline captainjon

Seketur Hotel restaurant
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2010, 06:18:56 AM »
Wrong!I wasnt referring to you,or your visit to Bostons,although I did consider your post unduly  harsh at the time.With regard to Zaccum,we had been before but not to eat.We had only been with other folk to have a beer or two and listen to Tom Moss.We saw the quality of the food and the very good prices,and decided to eat on out next visit,which we did  and have now on more than one occasion.It seems you are becoming a somewhat sad person to delve back a few weeks to search my post to try and prove me wrong on such a small point.To return to your point,I was referring to Lances
 visit to Secetur .You can rest in peace now,metaphoricly speaking.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Seketur Hotel restaurant
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2010, 09:00:55 AM »
Funnily enough about 3 weeks ago we had the worst meal ever in Zakkum's. We did have a breakfast once and everyone we have spoken to about the place said their food was great. Ours was absolutley inedible. We didn't mind waiting over an hour for it but the fact that it wasn't fit to eat when we got it. I just told them that we would pay for our drinks bill and left. Their excuse was that they were very busy. We would not have served that meal up in our restaurant no matter how busy we were.

Offline scouser2

Seketur Hotel restaurant
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2010, 09:15:32 AM »
We had been to Zakkum a few times, fish & chips really nice, even Xmas lunch was good.However, we had the Sunday carvery a few months ago and it was awful. I couldn't tell what the meat was supposed to be and the appearance of the veg was offputting.Don't think we will be going back again.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 09:18:19 AM by scouser2 »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Seketur Hotel restaurant
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2010, 10:16:19 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by captainjon

With regard to Zaccum,we had been before but not to eat.

No no no John! Here you go again with half truths!!! You quite clearly said you sampled this location for the first time, not that you sampled the food for the first time! I have something of a CBF photographic memory and it takes me seconds to find what I am looking for. Sad it may be, but proof that you make it up as you go along lets me feel that it was time well invested. You saying that me looking for your post is "sad" is particularly hurtful, coming as it does from a man who has dedicated his whole life to hunting for (and reporting on) where the cheapest Efes and cheapest food on the planet can be found!

You put across a suggestion that your reviews hold more weight than Lance's as you make multiple visits prior to saying a word; I think it is important to show that simply isn't true :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf