Author Topic: Most expensive Efes in Calis  (Read 8145 times)

Offline busybee

Most expensive Efes in Calis
« on: July 12, 2010, 10:07:05 AM »
Bollywoods (left at the bridge) charge an amazing 8L for an Efes after 9pm because they have have entertainment every evening.  They still have 4L on the board outside but when you go in they give you a drinks menu with different prices. How can they justify this didnt pay 8L to listen to Dennis Davey or any other entertainment that has been provided by bars.

Offline Linda

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 11:37:08 AM »
That is scandalous - well done on flagging this up. I have noticed the they are spending a lot of money on advertising - obviously looking to recoup their expenditure. Inflated non-advertised drinks prices is no way to go about this :-\

Offline BM06

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 11:55:24 AM »
Can not be DD he has flown the coup.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 12:58:14 PM »
that is a big increase I know Lighthouse used to have a seperate price list when they had entertainment but only 2 tl more
Mark

Offline Linda

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 13:20:02 PM »
I totally disagree with bars putting prices up when they have entertainment on - is this common prectice in Calis [?] Certainly up in Ovacik it isn't. For example Four Seasons has entertainment on 3 times a week - live band, live singer and 2 sets of dancers in addition to their own in-house entertainment. This obviously doesn't come cheap, however, none of the cost is passed onto customers!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 14:19:29 PM by Linda »

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 13:35:00 PM »
Totally agree Linda. The food is very good. The service is good and the entertainment is very good. Party Night there they give  prizes away and never put any extra on the bills. I don't know if it is common practise in Calis but at the bars we have been too it isn't. I will certainly avoid Bollywoods. Such a shame because the food and atmosphere are really good and the staff are very good. When will these bars learn.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 13:57:08 PM »
Its interesting that this is starting to happen- or maybe its just this one place. As regular visitors to Spain we fully expect to pay slightly more for drinks in the cabaret/show bars that we chose to visit (occasionally) and have been suprised at the quality of the acts- usually of a very high standard!I suppose they have to find their wages from somewhere?

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 16:46:19 PM »
As a matter of interest what is the entertainment there? The staff at Bollywood are really nice people and we had a lovely meal there one night. I am very dissapointed because I have been telling everyone to try this place.

Offline squiffy

• This is Tom Moss Really
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 09:16:35 AM »
they do itn the pastpatur in fethiye in the evenings when theres a band on. i say sell tickets to get in they do that in the uk

Offline tonysue

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 11:17:13 AM »
Cabaret shows in the Spanish resorts tend to be quality entertainment hence the inflated drinks prices. The entertainment in Calis is hardly what I would call quality but better than nothing . No disrespect to the entertainers, visa/work permits do not allow the professional singers etc to work in Turkey as they do the EU. I have indeed enjoyed many a night with Denis and his daughter and the new guy, Lordy, Dawn Beach have had on recenly. More than I can say I enjoyed the waiter with the Michael Jackson mask from the bar across the street. What I did find hysterically funny was the way we were all kept in the bar , spending money from 8.30 when "Michael was due on stage" until he finally appeared at 10.15. By then we were too pi**ed to care.:D:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf