Author Topic: What a shame about the Chinese Breeze  (Read 10171 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
What a shame about the Chinese Breeze
« on: September 09, 2010, 11:34:26 AM »
We visited the Chinese Breeze last week and asked to go up to the Terrace.  When we got up there, we found one other couple eating and only three tables laid.  We waited about 15 minutes for a waiter, however, after he took our drinks order we got no drinks.  After about 5 minutes another guy arrived and took the order and explained the first guy did not understand English.  We ordered the meal and when it arrived we could hardly see what we were eating the light was bad and no candles on the tables. My meal was very average and had a very salty taste.  No one came up to ask if we wanted anything else, we had to call down to the restaurant, we got another drink, and by this time we were alone on the Terrace. We decided to leave and had to again shout down to the restaurant.  We got the bill from a woman paid it and left, no one said goodbye or shook hands. We did not get any free starters or any free tea, which is usual at the Calis Beachfront Restaurants.
The "upstairs" in  this place used to be packed it fact, it was difficult to find a table sometimes, it's such a shame that it is now neglected and obviously, the staff don't want people using the Terrace.  What a change from the days of "La Terace".  We will not go back.:(

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 18:32:55 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

We did not get any free starters or any free tea, which is usual at the Calis Beachfront Restaurants.
 :(

We must have been picking the wrong seafront restaurants over the past twenty one years, I didnt know it was usual to get free starters! Darn it!  ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 19:43:07 PM »
The free "starter" is usually before the Entree.
We usually get one of those puffy breads, or some prawn crackers, or some bread and garlic butter and we did get a lovely meze and garlic bread in the Hello/Merhaba Restaurant, a place we had never tried before, lovely meal and surprising good free meze.  If you don't get a free meal starter you usuallly get tea or coffee after the meal.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 20:23:55 PM »
Hmmm I'm with Jukey - I think we call your entree a "starter" and your starter "bread" :D

Offline Gavos999

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 20:44:09 PM »
chinese breeze has never appealed to me  and when over in july and when over last week it was always very quiet with the staff looking a bit miserable..

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 22:55:04 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Hmmm I'm with Jukey - I think we call your entree a "starter" and your starter "bread" :D

Must be a scouse thing Keith!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 08:06:26 AM »
O.K. It's not our fault that us Scousers are well travelled gourmets. So we will agree to call it a pre starter freebee.  
So back to the thread.  Why are people being discouraged from using the Terrace now? and what happened to the really nice guy... tall balding who used to front the Chinese Breeze, he told us he has a website for his own business so maybe he has left the Restaurant?

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 09:06:05 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

O.K. It's not our fault that us Scousers are well travelled gourmets. So we will agree to call it a pre starter freebee.  
So back to the thread.  Why are people being discouraged from using the Terrace now? and what happened to the really nice guy... tall balding who used to front the Chinese Breeze, he told us he has a website for his own business so maybe he has left the Restaurant?

I love chinese food but make it a rule of thumb that I wouldnt choose to eat in a chinese restaurant that doesnt even have a hint of a chinese chef. That said, I did eat there two weeks ago on a stag night that had been arranged by one of the party so i just went along with it. The food was ok but I had no expectations due to my earlier commnts. I would certainly not have gone with my better half for dinner a deux.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 09:10:10 AM »
That's a shame, I heard they do very good Peking deux.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 11:25:05 AM »
P.M.S.L Very clever.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf