Author Topic: Ocakbasi  (Read 1859 times)

Offline amca

Ocakbasi
« on: October 10, 2010, 12:05:13 PM »
I am sorry to be the bearer of bad reviews but the Ocakbasi  has deteriorated since moving on to the main road. ( now, facing Hello Cafe)
It is bigger and brighter and has a better view but it has lost the cosy atmosphere.
I have been twice in Sept/October and there were none of the little touches that helped make it my favourite in Fethiye: no puffy bread nor dips; no lahmacun; the friendly atmosphere was less apparent and my lamb shish was on the  edge of being cold.
I was disappointed but was going to give it one more chance because it had built up a lot of brownie points over a year or two. Unfortunately, I have learned from several others that their recent experiences have been similar.
I would be interested to know what other CB-effers thinks of Ocakbasi since it moved.

Offline Firo

Ocakbasi
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 13:47:54 PM »
We thought the same as you.:(

Offline janmack

Ocakbasi
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 14:04:46 PM »
Sadly, we have to agree.  We took Phil's daughter there when she was last out and we were all looking forward to it.  Unfortunately the service was not great and the food was only average.  Shame.  Pasa Kebab, on the other hand, remains consistently good :)

Offline PKHUGHES100

Ocakbasi
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 14:23:26 PM »
Sounds really sad that a place with previously a good reputation is apparently going down the pan so to speak, what about someone having a word with the owner before it becomes irretrievable!

Kevin

Offline philrose

Ocakbasi
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 14:28:30 PM »
Have to agree, went there in July, food was mediocre at best and the head waiter rude. Won't be going back!

Offline yabanci

Ocakbasi
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 15:26:46 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by amca

no puffy bread nor dips;

When we were there last month we did get puffy bread,but half way through our main course! The service was slow,and the food average, but we did have the pleasure of Mr Saatchi on the next table to us :)

Offline kizkucuk

Ocakbasi
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 17:28:29 PM »
I was there three weeks ago - we really enjoyed our meal - free puffy bread and we both had lamb chops - really tasty, reasonably priced and staff were friendly.  Didn't get to it before it movedso can't compare  :-)

Offline worker

Ocakbasi
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 23:17:02 PM »
went there three weeks ago food excellent and service

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Ocakbasi
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 23:44:16 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by amca

It is bigger and brighter and has a better view but it has lost the cosy atmosphere.

And that was my first worry the minute I heard they were moving. I do hope they iron things out as Coskun and co are good wholesome genuine people who deserve to be busy and appreciated for their skills.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf