Author Topic: Surf Cafe  (Read 9529 times)

Offline valleyboy

Surf Cafe
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2011, 20:19:09 PM »
On a recent trip I used the place twice, The first time they tried to get me to pay for an extra beer, I put them straight on that, gave them the benefit of the doubt and went back a second time and decided to eat lunch there, as previously posted service extremely slow and food decidedly ordinary and again they added a couple of lira to the tab, I know it's only a couple of lira, but it's a principal issue !.

As stated by others these problems seem to be happening since it's become more popular, on our next visit I think we'll try the one a bit further up the beach as that seems to be getting some good reports, it's quite sad as I really liked it at the Surf Cafe.:(

Offline Beep

Surf Cafe
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 22:09:23 PM »
As Anne says it's all the same family.

Offline cheerful

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 09:44:52 AM »
What a shame you have had bad experiences at the surf cafe. I actually found the food a lot better this year since chef Bayraam arrived. Used to work at Daisy's and Guvens. I am sure Harun would appreciate any feedback good or bad. He is the boss who does the kite surfing.

Offline june

Surf Cafe
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 23:08:04 PM »
We go to the one furthest as you are walking from the prom, the last 2 weeks have been fine......love the place.... 8)

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
Surf Cafe
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 09:03:44 AM »
The alcohol serving one that issues you with a numbered card for ordering food/drink was OK in June. No complaint about service and the food was very good.Will check it in 10 days time.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Surf Cafe
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 12:32:09 PM »
Not good staff never there when you want them ,very popular saying they have is we have no change we pay you next time the worst offender for this con is the buck tooth one bugs bunny , ;)

Offline hydeaway

Surf Cafe
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 16:51:35 PM »
Same thing happened to us in July waited 2 hours for 3 jacket potatoes 2 came up and they had forgot the other one very poor service there. Complained to Rabbit behind the bar thinking a bit of discount might be given but nothing at the end. Shame its a nice place but i guess they take u for granted in the end. Time to look for another beach bar onethinks

Offline Firo

Surf Cafe
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 20:18:45 PM »
They are the same family but it is different members of the family running each side. One side polite and very friendly one side not so, hence why IMO they shouldn't be tarred with the same brush.

Offline Eloise

Surf Cafe
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2011, 22:29:06 PM »
We also visited the surf cafe during august, and unlike some of the other members here, we had fantastic service.  The fresh lemonade was very tasty and the food was lovely and didnt take long to arrive at all.  My husband was having sailing lessons from Yannah (not sure how to spell) while we were being looked after by his BIG brother.  We will definitely return.

Offline IanK

Surf Cafe
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2011, 10:44:08 AM »
We spent quite a bit of time there this season, and whilst I can say the service is certainly more "laid back" than most places I wouldn't regard it as bad at all.

It is more the kind of place to spend some time rather than a quick lunch and I would definitely recommend the Friday night BBQ - the fire dancers were fantastic.

Ian

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf