Author Topic: Eyna Restaurant  (Read 10568 times)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Eyna Restaurant
« on: November 27, 2011, 10:51:09 AM »
Four of us had the set meal last night what fantastic value.
Lentil soup with garlic bread
cheese rolls and garlic mushrooms
choice of chicken dishes
pancake or apple cake
tea or coffee.

All served hot very tasy all five courses for 14tl

Mark

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Eyna Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 12:59:23 PM »
I have heard quite a few people having this Mark and all positive reviews. May give this a go ouselves and we all know how much you like your food. Weigh in Monday dont forget. xx
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 13:01:21 PM by mercury »

Offline Fastlady

Eyna Restaurant
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 16:44:00 PM »
Well, sorry to put a damper on this review but I went last week for the same set menu which got off to a bad start as the Lentil Soup was served barely warm - couldn't it eat!  Enjoyed the rest of the meal but, unless they are planning to change the menu, won't visit again.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Eyna Restaurant
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 21:14:13 PM »
I tried the Eyna tonight & concur with Mark (even though he beat me at darts!), the food was fab. All served piping hot, plenty of it & I tried the chicken curry as my main course, not authentic Indian of course but a very good curry none the less, would recommend & defo go back another time.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Eyna Restaurant
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 21:22:03 PM »
My friend says the garlic mushrooms are delicious. Bit harsh not to go back because the soup wasnt hot but the rest of it was good.

Offline Julesp

Eyna Restaurant
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 21:49:32 PM »
Just cant believe a restaurant would be so desperate for customers to do this menu for this price, its not possible to make a profit on that

He has to be losing money, I hope everyone who goes also stays for a drink or two!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Eyna Restaurant
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 21:56:25 PM »
Eyna has been a good (and friendly) restaurant for quite a long time but has never had anything like the volume of mentions that many other seafront restaurants do on here for whatever reason. If the key to better success is getting people in and showing them what you can do, this is a good way. "Desperate" is certainly not the word I thought of.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Eyna Restaurant
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 04:42:04 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Julesp

Just cant believe a restaurant would be so desperate for customers to do this menu for this price, its not possible to make a profit on that

He has to be losing money, I hope everyone who goes also stays for a drink or two!!

How is this so very different from the Sunday lunch at Kings Garden, 15tl & they offer free transport to / from the restaurant?

Offline Beep

Eyna Restaurant
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 06:18:12 AM »
Tried their winter menu twice now and have to say the food was superb and great value for money   :) :)

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Eyna Restaurant
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 11:48:15 AM »
I also had 3 beers, only 4tl each, total bill of 26tl, even better vfm than I expected!

I don't get the "desperate" vibe at all. The owners are lovely folk & I believe them to be very genuine with their winter offer which is simply to attract people into the establishment rather than stay open & empty.

They have a dart/pool team playing on Monday nights & the 3c's shop underneath so can't just close up for the winter & the old saying of "owts better than nowt" fits very well.

PS: As I've said before on here, 1 of the best places for decent coffee on the front too.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf