Author Topic: Kale Park  (Read 2125 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Kale Park
« on: May 03, 2012, 09:10:43 AM »
Just wondering what is the state of play with the Kale. We have always enjoyed a lunch and a couple of drinks there, but last year we were disappointed to find then new team including the Chef had all left. When we went up the place had been stripped of equipment even the coffee machine was gone.  There was one guy serving. Sorry, he was not a waiter, he had no idea what he was doing.  The food was really not good and only nescafe was on offer (I used to love their coffee)  and we had the opinion the the Kale was on it's last legs.
I really hope that it has overcome these difficulties and is back on track again because it's such a lovely venue.  We want to go back again and try it so hope to hear some good news.

Offline julesbob0303

Kale Park
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 12:17:14 PM »
We've never been there, but neighbours on our complex went there a couple of weeks ago and the meals were all dreadful.  They went there last year and really enjoyed it, so chose it for a "special" meal, for a birthday, this time.

The wife was up all night, not well at all, and still suffering in the morning.

Not sure if this helps Jacqui, but certainly not recommended by our friends and their family.  :(

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Kale Park
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 15:57:18 PM »
Thanks for the information, very disappointing, seems not to have changed since last September, must be hanging on by the skin of it's teeth.

Offline littlereddevil

Kale Park
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 19:27:33 PM »
We walked past yesterday and it was open but we didn't go in.  No-one else was there.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf