Author Topic: kirmin tried to rip us off  (Read 5803 times)

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
Re: kirmin tried to rip us off
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 15:04:28 PM »
Is Uzzy still there?
We left Calis on 28 June and I noticed that for a few days prior to this he was missing from the front afternoons and evenings.

Offline ronzeus

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 18:55:44 PM »

Anyone else think they been ripped off? Not going to stop going there on one post alone so if we can get some more views it would be helpful.
Quite right ,but now you have been warned i bet you check your bill.  8)

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 20:43:25 PM »
Im very suprised to read about being over charged at kirim i go in there alot and have know george for years i have never had a problem and in june my son lost some money in the resturant area and the staff all had a look round but to no avail.Two days later i went back in,in the evening and i was handed all my sons money back which was found intact in the gents toilets.I gave george a good tip and thanked him for his honnesty.How ever,i cant comment on the owner as i dont know him to well.Sometimes people do make genuine mistakes.On the other hand sadly you can get riped off and i had that in the fish market this year,but as i was with my turkish friend it got sorted quickly.Once bitten twice shy always check your bill.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 13:36:30 PM »
I guess everyone should always check their bill wherever you eat and drink. Mistakes can happen and of course scams can as well.

We have just come back from the Algarve and quite a few restuarants try it on with their coverts. They put them on the table and charge you if you eat them or not.

Some of them also put a lump of cheese with it and charge you about £2.50 for it. We now tell them we don't want the cheese and make them take it back - but you still have to check they haven't added it. One tried it on with us and he got told where to stick it   ;)

Needless to say if they try it on once we don't leave a tip and don't go back.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 17:16:03 PM »
 >:(  That really annoys me - plopping nibbles down without being asked and then charging for them.  Bloomin' cheek!!

Offline Tigyak

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 19:24:58 PM »
Then there is the plus side.

I went out with 4 friends the other evening to the Blue Butterfly in Kayakoy  and we all chipped in what we thought we had eaten and we had too much money in the kitty!

Looking closer at the bill they had missed off one of the main courses and of course not added it in the bill.

Needless to say we pointed this out and left a small tip and they were delighted

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2012, 22:39:20 PM »
That was very good of you Tigyak - I can add to this topic with confidence that under and over charging (by mistake) can and does happen in the best of places and it is always nice when it is pointed out - either way   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf