Author Topic: Cheese & Gravy  (Read 2601 times)

Offline IanK

Cheese & Gravy
« on: September 24, 2012, 13:16:31 PM »
This year I visited both Bella Mammas and Casa de Mamma and ordered the steak with Roquefort sauce. I got a steak with cheese on it (possibly Roquefort but more like mozzarella) but on both occasions this also came with a dark sauce / gravy.

If I ordered a steak with cheese sauce (say stilton) anywhere else I would get just that - cheese sauce – so I find this a bit odd.

The steaks were bothy very good, and I don’t have any complaints at all – but in future I must make a point of saying “hold the gravy”.

Ian

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Cheese & Gravy
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 18:37:08 PM »
in future I must make a point of saying “hold the gravy”.

That would be a good game to play. Messy, but good fun.

Offline IanK

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 19:01:24 PM »
Now that reminds me of the "stuffed soup" we were were offered at the Sat once.

Ian

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 19:08:51 PM »
I could never understand why none of our Turkish friends got the "Soup in a Basket" joke.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 21:58:12 PM »
Half the people over here who cook cannot make a proper sauce i.e. with homemade stock or a roux  they use packet gravies then add to them ,if you can find a chef over here then you will get your good sauces ,there are a few cooks who are better than the others ,if i was hiring in the u.k. i wouldn't employ any of them .
Cooking Turkish food they might be okay ,some of the Turkish meals i have had have been great but they are rubbish at doing foreign foods especially ones with sauces ,it is not all there fault its the greedy owners wanting more .after saying that ,no one cooks chinese better than chinese ,nor indian or thai each to there own .

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf