Author Topic: casa de mammas  (Read 4414 times)

Offline charlste

casa de mammas
« on: September 16, 2013, 21:36:28 PM »
went to casa de mammas last night intending to have a lovely fillet steak.the restaurant was busy and a nice atmosphere but if that was fillet steak i would be very surprised.maybe the clue is in the price.32 lira for a fillet steak.it was about a quarter inch thick and as tuff as old boots.I know many people rave about their steaks but sorry its not for me.
my wife had a glass of house wine and that was like vinegar.
Has anybody else noticed this or were we just unlucky on the night?

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
Re: casa de mammas
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 22:03:40 PM »
Exactly the same happened to me on our last visit, I had a supposed T bone steak and it was so tough I couldn't cut into it. We have not been back since. If you want a proper Fillet steak, go to The Meeting Point, at 1 lira dearer you wont be disappointed.

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 22:26:09 PM »
We went to Casa de Mamma for the first time this year after reading the reviews on here.  We both had a chicken dish and whilst I couldn't say it was terrible, it was very dry.  We returned to Bella Mamas for two further meals and both were as always, splendid.

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 22:45:29 PM »
I hardly ever order steak over there because I love the Turkish food so much but on the odd occasion I've fancied a change and ordered one I've never had a good one.  I like my steak rare and they don't seem to understand that concept.  I've only ever ordered steak in places where I feel we have a relationship built up there so that I can tell them exactly how I want it cooked but it just doesn't work.  I make that mistake once every visit I think.  Mmm...  Maybe I won't bother again. 

Offline valleyboy

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 08:31:23 AM »
Had a lunch here earlier this year on a "Calis" day after reading good reports on this forum and found it distinctly poor to at best average; service also left a lot to be desired, we also thought we had caught it on a "bad" day and cannot vouch for the evening service.

Offline mac2010

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 08:51:47 AM »
Wow I never thought I would see bad reviews for this place. This is normally one of the best places to eat a steak. :o

Offline Shamless2

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 08:54:17 AM »
George's is the best place to eat a steak in Calis.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 09:22:56 AM »
There you go, you should have picked up your plate at Casa di Mamma and gone and eaten your steak at George's.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 10:15:25 AM »
We actually had two Italian Meals at this restaurant and  they were really good.  We ordered Tuna Penne Pasta and Chicken Pasta and we totally enjoyed both. I had the Tuana and have to say it was one of the nicest meals I had over the last two weeks.
However, I realise that Steak is the thing than about 90% of people order in every restaurant so it has to be the gauge for all food in Calis.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 10:31:49 AM »
Exactly the same happened to me on our last visit, I had a supposed T bone steak and it was so tough I couldn't cut into it. We have not been back since. If you want a proper Fillet steak, go to The Meeting Point, at 1 lira dearer you wont be disappointed.
The last steak I had at meeting point I asked for fillet medium to well done (I don't do blood on my plate) the steak came cooked right but he had sliced the fillet in half cooked it then folded it back over, it was very mushy texture and one of the worst steaks I've had in Turkey, again it must have been a bad day this place is highly recommended.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf