Author Topic: Menu Prices  (Read 9460 times)

Offline booty81

• Newly Registered
Menu Prices
« on: June 18, 2014, 16:44:54 PM »
I am coming out to Calis in August. Can you tell me if the menu prices are different during the peak season compared to early on in the year. Also I have seen that some places do a 10tl menu. would that still be available in August

Thanks

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Re: Menu Prices
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 17:42:16 PM »
Yes Booty. Just avoid Calis Prom. lots of good eating places,  and not ripped off, eat away from the prom and then just go there for the view and sunsets  and a few beers.  :)

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 17:53:21 PM »
They don't all rip you off on the prom Des, I've had some fabulous meals and very reasonably priced. And yes, I've also been ripped off, but just make sure you look at the menu before you sit down! Personally I don't think you can beat the fish and chips at Vojos, big enough to satisfy the largest appetite and only 15tl, and right on the front.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 19:04:10 PM »
Got you Susie, and how long have you lived here? fish and chips excellent at vojos by the way.  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 19:19:33 PM »
One of the reasons we come to Calis is to have a lovely meal on the prom whilst watching the sunset.  It's fabulous.  Yes, perhaps we can sit down a side street somewhere with no view but what would be the point for a couple of weeks?  We want to enjoy the prom and we don't find the prices high for the great food we get.
Yes, you can go to places like the Corner Restaurant and have good food for 10 TL. and we did do this, but IOO the nicest place to eat during our holiday is the prom.
I know the expats don't eat at the prom, but us tourists lap it up. 

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 19:30:10 PM »
Got you Susie, and how long have you lived here? fish and chips excellent at vojos by the way.   :)

Long enough !

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 19:43:37 PM »
Rubbish, Jacqui. you are living in the past, you know as well as I do, Calis is nothing like it was 5 6 years ago, you are a good friend of mine, but you have to take them rose tinted glasses off , when I met Keith last year for the first time , one thing he said to me was  Calis will never be what it was and he would never live here again and I new exactly what he meant, I like Calis  but I live here and I don't use the prom at all, that is of course my choice.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 20:02:08 PM »
Sorry Des, but the prom is the same to us as it was 9 years ago, some restaurants may have changed.  The view and the lovely feeling we get when we walk along the prom is the same. Have to say we have never been to the beach, as we don't like beaches.    We eat on the prom more than anywhere  First dinner we had 9 years ago was in Georges and it's is still exactly the same. Our friends in the next villa visit the prom early every morning and always say it's totally exhilarating.
If we did not like Calis we would sell up and go, but it's still the place we want to be.. I am not saying we want to live there permanently, we don't.  We just want lovely relaxing holidays there.
Keith does not live in Calis and he may have said it has changed, nowhere stays the same, but he still goes over for holidayss.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 20:41:16 PM »
I still love the prom, what has changed for me I suppose is that we normally come for just 6 or 7 nights these days, and there are 6 or 7 places we'd rather eat dinner at before Calis prom. A few lunches there, no problem  :)

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 20:53:04 PM »
I think it's really changed. I love the view and thankfully that will never change . However this year we only ate at 2 places on the prom because all our faves have gone. We admitted that if we were new there would be loads of places to try but we didn't. We were AI and it was excellent so used it a couple of nights and went to Fethiye and Olu on other nights. Really miss the harem and orient. Wasn't the same at all.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf