Author Topic: Big Let Down By Sundial  (Read 7394 times)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Big Let Down By Sundial
« on: July 18, 2014, 13:21:39 PM »
The great thing about the Sundial is the free transport on offer. The worst thing is when it doesn't turn up and they don't even care enough to let you know. We booked for 6 adults, a child + the baby for today. We booked a 14:00 hrs pick up to have a light snack, an afternoon of leisure in the pool and Jacuzzi and a quality dinner tonight. They agreed to pick us up at the Gunlukbasi Citroen garage as they could not understand where Violet is even after picking up here dozens of time before. I went to wait at Citroen and nothing arrived by 14:15 hrs. I rang them but they just took my mobile number and said they'd call me back later. I objected and said we were supposed to be on the way and that people were ready and waiting. They repeated that they'd call. Back at Violet I gave Sue my mobile to have ago as she had made the booking. It finished with them telling Sue that they would not come for us but would help us with transport home. Considering having the pushchair and loads of other stuff Sue told them that we're not coming and rang off.
We had invited two other regular Violet guests who had been looking forward to going so we also feel guilty about that
In short due to the fact that they have wasted a day of 7 people's holidays I will not be going again (maybe biting my nose off to spite my face) but I will also discourage any other Violet visitors from going  >:(

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Re: Big Let Down By Sundial
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 16:17:14 PM »
What on earth is happening to Fethiye/Calis? in the past month members are reading about poor service, extortionate prices. Saat restaurant, vojos, mancero, sundial. Bela mamas still serving a scoop of rice with a topiary shaped tomato and piece of cucumber, about 6 to 10 chips and a small bit of steak ,(this is my complaint by the way), are they really trying to drive people away for good?. :( :(

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 19:13:36 PM »
Can see what you mean Des - we seem to have got into a bit of a negative mode.
Can honestly say, apart from the disappointing Village breakfast, I had no complaints about Calis at all.  Yes the road sides are scruffy.  Yes the canal looks a bugger with all the rubbish but actually, it was "quirky" the last 9 times we visited too (another word for scruffy?) and I convince myself it is just part of Turkey!  We found the cost of dining out and drinking our G&T to still be very good value and had great service in most places - especially Kerim and Bambu so we will still be back in September and will still think about having our own place in the not too distant future.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 19:27:29 PM »
We are the same, we came  over for 3 weeks May/June and enjoyed our meals out at night.  Only one disappointment for lunch. 
We decided not to return to the Sundial after our last experience and think we have missed nothing. If we want a panoramic view of Fethiye and Calis while eating...Lovely view at the Kings Garden, great food, friendly staff, a night out we would never miss. 

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 19:28:35 PM »
And they turn up :D

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 19:39:37 PM »
At the risk of suffering the wrath of the anti smoking brigade….do they have tables outside too so I can have a fag with my G&T? 
No "bad for you" or "can't you manage without" comments please   ;)

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 19:42:10 PM »
No tables outside, but only a few steps to the outside of the place where the smokers congregated between courses.  :)

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 19:46:12 PM »
Just like home then………. ;D
Thanks for the info Echogirl1.

Offline Jack13

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 21:30:18 PM »
maybe tin hat time. imo after reading so many threads do many people who stay here think that quite a few bars with one or two exceptions are taking too much for granted. they will come back. im sorry they wont.

Offline quackers

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 06:27:01 AM »
Went over to Ada restaurant on Sovalye Island Tuesday nıght . Pıcked up by ferry and returned when we wanted to leave. Food excellant prıces on a par wıth Mancero and Sundial. Lovely settıng and no mossıes. Beer 12tl and G&T 15tl. They wıll pıck up couples and groups.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf