Author Topic: New Indian Restaurant  (Read 13705 times)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
New Indian Restaurant
« on: April 26, 2015, 05:45:13 AM »
We tried the new Indian last night, above the Beach House used to be the Bus Stop now called Curry Palace.
Nine of us had the set menu (30tl) all agreed the food was very good, as was the service. Will certainly be going back.
Mark

Offline Bluwise

Re: New Indian Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 06:37:35 AM »
Looking forward to trying it.  We really like the food in Calis Beach Indian but will be good to have a choice. 

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 07:51:42 AM »
Went to The Shine in Hissy last night, excellent food and service as usual.  The five course (variable) set menu has just up this week from the winter price of 20tl to the summer price of 25tl, still a bargain though.

Will give this new place a try, I have spied its construction from a Nil Bar vantage point. Little early to say at this time, but I wonder if it will open in the winter at weekends?  I love the all year round ruby night, and Mrs Tickets has observed that I do not moan as much if I get papadoms once a week, I don't know what she can mean?

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 08:09:33 AM »
Always favoured Shine in Hisaronu as well, but last nights was on a par with Shine and a bigger choice on the set menu. It included popadum and dips, choice of starters, main which was served on a warming pot with the T light underneath so kept hot, choice of rice or nan, good value.

Offline terjan

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 08:17:50 AM »
There's also a curry palace in hisaronu anybody know if they are owned by the same people

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 14:08:23 PM »
yes terjan they own the one in Hisaronu and one in Marmaris

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 16:06:50 PM »
Sounds good.  I like the Calis Beach Restaurant, that is a good Indian, but quite pricey.
I wonder is this new one very noisy as it is over this Beach House which was really noisy last year.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 18:11:13 PM »
I was just thinking the same Jacqui - you will get the chance to try it before we do so look forward to hearing.  We do like the service at CB Indian though, the chap in there is very good.  Wasn't he at the indian at the Dolphin Roundabout a few years ago?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 18:28:07 PM »

I like the Calis Beach Restaurant, that is a good Indian,

Now Jacqui I can't let this one pass :D

As someone who doesn't have steak in Turkey because they are (probably quite rightly) spoilt by living in Scotland and enjoying the finest Scottish steaks - why the hell would you want an Indian made by Turkish people in Turkey?!!

I used to enjoy a visit to Shine in Hisaronu but that was the best at the time and I lived over there - I can manage a week or two in Turkey without a local version of a curry, and eat something Turkish instead - I can get a proper Indian meal at home.

Each to their own of course but seems odd to me  :)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 18:29:36 PM »
I think the beach House tends to get noisy after 10pm, it is a restaurant as well so I think the loud music starts after the food service, we like to eat before 8.30 so does not affect us.

Keith when did you move to India  ;)  " I can get a proper Indian meal at home."

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf