Author Topic: The Letoon this evening.  (Read 3809 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
The Letoon this evening.
« on: May 26, 2015, 21:42:07 PM »
Had a lovely meal there this evening.  We asked if the upstairs was open, the guy said no, but they would open it for us.  The views up there are lovely and we were the only ones there.   They even asked us what music we would like on.
Had two starters, two main courses, two drinks each i.e. two beers, one G.&.T and one wine.  Two coffees and then two free fruit desserts.  Cost 112 Lira.   
The Manager told us that this month B & B was 90TL each person.
I would highly recommend a meal here.   i always maintained that the Letoon has the best site in Calis, lovely views, view quiet, but just a short walk down to the bright lights of the prom.  Nothing has changed my mind. 

Offline patrice

Re: The Letoon this evening.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 22:22:47 PM »
We had a meal there last week with friends and sorry to say we were not impressed especially after the praise from members on the forum.
 Three of the meals out of six at to go back because they were cold and the food was only 'ok'  nothing special.
The  desert menu was almost non -existence and believe it or not there was no ice cream  :  :) :o.
But The view and sunset were great and the staff were friendly and very obliging

I will go back  on my next visit and give it another go hoping it was just due to new management .

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 22:39:39 PM »
Thanks for your posts jacqui and patrice.

I often wonder why two people can have such diverse experiences of the same restaurant.

I sometimes think that it might simply be because the regular chef had I night off.

But when I think of places like the Meeting Point and Casa Di Mama, both in which I have never had a problem, that cannot be the reason. 

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 05:17:28 AM »
Take your point H, seems Jane (Pussinboots) enjoyed her stay and according to the Manager, she has booked to come back with her O.H. 
It is the first meal we have had there for years and could find no fault with the food at all.  The Manager did tell us that at the moment they don't have enough staff, so perhaps on another night, if it had been busy, we would not have enjoyed it as much?   Hope it does manage to survive as said, I love where it is positioned.

Offline patrice

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 08:50:16 AM »
 I think staff shortage may have been the case  the evening we visited .
To be fair  I will return to the restaurant when I visit with my husband later in the season.

Offline tj1uk

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 15:05:52 PM »
The more I hear about this place the more I look forward to staying there.

Offline daffodillys

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 14:59:43 PM »
We have stayed in the hotel twice whilst looking for an apt to buy, fell in love with this lovely friendly quirky place. Its still our first port of call when we arrive even though we now have our own place. Never had a bad meal here, whether it be breakfast lunch or dinner and the views are to die for.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 13:52:39 PM »
Hubby and I got shown around the rooms last week.   much nicer than I'd antisipated. Lovely little pool area. Must try it for a meal before we leave

Offline blueclad

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2015, 06:07:08 AM »
Its a brilliant place to hold a 50 th birthday bash as well around the pool

Just ask John [ highlander ] he and his  lovely wife really enjoyed it so he told me this week  ;D ;D ;D..

Ron

Offline pompeylee

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 12:43:20 PM »
A freind of ours is working here so decided to give it a go upstairs (stayed here many moons ago) & I must say the views are great, saw a shooting star whilst looking out to sea, I had the Mexican parcels for starters which came in a ice cream sundae type glass with plenty of salad & sour cream, ismet kebab main meal as wanted something with aubergines, All in all great food nice portions if nothing special but if you do eat here try to go upstairs for the views.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf