Author Topic: rediscovering liver  (Read 10952 times)

Offline thinwhiteduke

• Newly Registered
Re: rediscovering liver
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2015, 11:18:13 AM »
Vile stuff! The only bit I didn't like in Mozaic's mixed kebab.

Offline daffodillys

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2015, 13:49:41 PM »
I love liver, onions, mashed potato and gravy, every time i order this in Turkey it is delicious. The best place so far has been Melodi bar,when it was in Fethiye. They did manage to do it again at their new bar at the far end of Koca Calis beach. Yummy.

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2015, 22:14:37 PM »
I never used to like  liver either but love it now .. favourites are Anotolian Liver in Festival Hisaronu or the fried liver with crispy onions starter in Aubergines  Kalkan when Hubby had them and I tried them both and converted me .. I now regularly cook liver at home- cheap and delicious.

Offline chris3527

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2015, 12:17:58 PM »
I am aged 88, and during the 30's my father worked in a lairage(abattoir) and part of his wages was the offal.Amongst the items he regularly brought home were, Sheeps heads, sweet breads, chicklings, lambs frys, ox liver, ox hearts, lambs hearts. Other offal like tripe and hodge were available, plus brawn and black puddings. All of which are extremely tasty when cooked properly. My mother  was a cook. For the past 8 years I have visited Calis I always have a couple of liver and onions, in different restaurants, and have always found them delicious.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2015, 12:57:40 PM »
I've got a standing order with my butcher for an ox heart every couple of weeks. The dog has it raw and I have it braised or finely sliced and stir-fried.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2015, 11:53:31 AM »
Made chicken liver last night following Kayakebab's recipe. Served it on raw sliced red onions as a starter. Excellent. Hilary bought an extra frozen box of the liver so I'll be making chicken liver pate next week.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2015, 22:55:18 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it  :)

Offline IanK

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2015, 11:15:33 AM »
There are a lot of liver lovers out there - the liver dish on Sugars boat trip is almost always voted best dish of the day.

Ian

Offline Troy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2015, 01:35:09 AM »
I have NEVER liked liver. I don't remember when or why it was, but one night (perhaps after a few drinks) I tried it in Turkey. Now, sometimes, I get a craving for it. I don't know if they cook it differently here or if maybe my taste for food has changed, but I know what you mean.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf