Author Topic: hsbc?  (Read 10543 times)

Offline Jack13

hsbc?
« on: July 08, 2014, 15:17:13 PM »
hsbc bank in fethiye would not give an option today to withdraw british pounds. it was either tl or euro. any reasons?

Offline Marggie

Re: hsbc?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 15:23:15 PM »
That is quite usual, if they are out of sterling it only shows Turkish lira or euros.  Try again tomorrow.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 15:48:19 PM »
hsbc bank in fethiye would not give an option today to withdraw british pounds. it was either tl or euro. any reasons?
Think it may be H.S.B.C.  stands for Hot Scottish Bank Card.  Jack.    ;) :D :D

Offline Jack13

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 20:17:44 PM »
did not disappoint des. cheers mate.

Offline davybill

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 08:10:32 AM »
Yes they run out of pounds,quite often.

Offline mel binks

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 19:28:49 PM »
Is there any truth in the rumours going around that HSBC in Fethiye is closing, and if so, does anyone have any information on when?

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 22:06:21 PM »
HSBC is looking to consolidate the number of countries it operates in, that's reduce the number in layman' terms, and top of that list, apparently, is Turkey. So it is not just Fethiye branch under threat but all the Turkish HSBC branches, and by default all the ATMs too.

Offline mel binks

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 07:11:44 AM »
Thanks for that, any idea of when this is happening and what happens to all our accounts?

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 08:33:34 AM »
I should imagine that HSBC are currently trying to tie in a buyer for their Turkish network.  They are not going to close overnight or anything like it, the reputational loss for HSBC across the world would be enormous if they did anything like that, besides which the Turkish equivelant of the Banking Code and or the HSBC Turkish banking license prevents that happening anyway.

So I wouldn't be too concerned about your accounts they'll be fine I'm sure.  When it is sold, indeed if it is sold, look at Tescos struggles to sell KIPA, then most of us will probably only notice a change of branding from HSBC to whatever the new or acquiring bank is.  Having said that for some customers like HSBC Premier there could be the loss of some benefits like free international transfers from their UK HSBC account and no bank charges, but only time will tell.  No need to go all Corporal Jones...  ;)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 13:10:38 PM »
Looks like there's a bit of panic setting in. There are reports on another forum that people are trying to withdraw large sums from HSBC and that they're finding it very difficult to do so.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf