Author Topic: N&P Warning  (Read 7598 times)

Offline MrT

• Newly Registered
Re: N&P Warning
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2017, 15:57:08 PM »
Lotty, ATM withdrawals are treated differently from purchases and you pay interest until you pay off the debt. You can do this online from your current account whilst abroad to minimize these charge - if you can be bothered to do that when you're on holiday - otherwise it is £1.50 a month per £100 of withdrawal.

I also got one of these as the exchange rate was the same as XE  "0" commission,  Thanks for pointing the above out I just assumed if it was all paid off at the end of the month there were no charges, apparently not for cash withdrawals. Still 1.5% below whatever XE shows is still a very good exchange rate.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2017, 18:52:13 PM »
It is always advisable not to draw cash on a credit card, unless it specifically states that cash withdrawals are free of interest if paid in full on the payment date. It is treated as a loan. I don't know of any credit cards on the market now which have this facility ( once NnP is withdrawn). My personal mantra is to never draw cash on a credit card. Can be a very costly mistake!
I have found one: Barclaycard Travel Card. Unfortunately it runs out in August 2018 but I'm used to opening and closing bank accounts so I think I'll get one before N&P disappears to give me another year to find something more permanent - if I live that long!

Offline sadler

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2017, 19:54:46 PM »
Well done, I will have to have a look at that one. Is there a fee with Barclaycard?

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2017, 09:11:09 AM »
There is no fee. Barclay seem to have a dozen different credit cards so you have to trawl through to find the Platinum Travel Card.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2017, 15:58:29 PM »
Nationwide Flex account used to offer free STERLING cash withdrawals abroard on a debit card, don't know if they still have this or any equivalent accounts now

I have a Flex Account and I still get free Sterling cash withdrawals in Turkey using my Nationwide Visa Debit Card.

Yes so do I, but I don't know if you can still get this account as a new customer.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf