Author Topic: Bank Probs  (Read 2818 times)

Offline Linda1953

Bank Probs
« on: February 12, 2006, 15:26:12 PM »
I bank with Nat West.  I told them I would be comimg to Turkey and I would like my money over here.  They said ok but you will have to fill in this form and get your Turkish account details and then get the bank to fax us the form and we will transfer your money over.

I did the above and my bank called me and said was I not told I had to sign a fax indemnity form before I left otherwise they could not accept my fax.  They said I had to send the original form myself by post and as soon as they got that on their desks they would do the transfer of money.  I ended up sending it by UPS.  Because Istanbul is snowed under my letter went to Holland now I am waiting for my bank to call me to say they have received it.  

I am fuming with their incompetence in the first place! I have been told I may have to wait up to 2 weeks for my money.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Bank Probs
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 16:42:31 PM »
There is an HSBC cash machine in Fethiye....it might be worth a try to see if it will accept a natwest card. I know I have been able to use an HSBC card in a natwest machine in the UK :)
They should be able to transfer the money in 3-4 days.

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
Bank Probs
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 21:11:20 PM »
If Nat West have given u wrong information you should write to them claiming your additional cost + inconvenience.They should cough up.

Offline mikeh

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 22:59:17 PM »
not sure how much money you need to transfer but a Nat west switch card has worked in the bank machines in Fethiye.

if that helps!

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Bank Probs
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 10:15:08 AM »
I'm with Natwest too and have used my card in a variety of machines in Fethiye- anywhere that takes Maestro. I had a similar problem just transferring the cash to pay for our apartment, faxed forms going astray etc- it all worked out in the end and they did refund the charges. However I opened a Nationwide account simply for transacrtions abroad and its well worth it!

Offline Ingol Angel

Bank Probs
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 14:47:11 PM »
Linda1953  Be very careful when dealing with the Nat West Bank!!!  Obviously their incompetence has not improved over the last 6 months.
We too had similar problems, all due to 'untrained' staff dealing with money transfers abroad and it cost us £126 which we could not reclaim.  The first 'cock up' was the Nat West employee completing the transfer form but 'omitting' to write the name of the Bank (Finans) it was going to!!!  Fortunately Finans Bank representative was telephoned by the Garanti Bank to ask if she was waiting for a sum of £60,000 into any of her clients accounts.  It had been mistakenly transferred to Garanti and could not be forwarded to Finans so had to be returned to the UK for them to sort out the problem!!!  Just more time to wait!! but the costly mistake was made, once again by an employee at Nat West, when she ticked the 'Shared' box, which apparently gives the receiving bank  permission to take any charges they feel necessary, even when the 'transfer fee' is paid by the sender in the UK.  Apparently it is box 3 in section 10 that you need to ensure they tick.  Hope this helps and Good Luck.
Best Wishes
Ingol Angel

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
Bank Probs
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 22:56:20 PM »
We didn't have any problems with natwest ourselves but I went into their bank today and the cashier couldn't add up a 50p, 2x20p a5p and a 1p.it took her several goes and then she ended up using a calculator so the cock us are hardly surprising! You'd think you would at least have to be numerate to work there!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf