Author Topic: Best days to bank !  (Read 3899 times)

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Best days to bank !
« on: March 20, 2006, 10:34:52 AM »
Just seen someone mention in another topic, the long queues at the bank especially on Mondays. It got me thinking about a really horrible experience we had in the Guranti bank on a Monday- nobody told us and we didnt know its the busiest day of the week. Everyone that came in after us seemed to get served before us and even though we'd taken a ticket from the machine ( like in Tescos!) the number was getting further away not closer. Anyway we were there for hours!:(
Of course when we talked to other folks it transpired that Monday is the day that all the business bank the weekend takings, Friday is the day that people bank before the weekend and market day is busy because of all the people from the surrounding villages coming into town. So basically you have 2 days a week where you can bank to your hearts content!  [^]
We have stuck to those days and found the whole experience to be far more pleasant since that first time. If we hadnt been drawing our cash to pay for the apartment we wouldnt have stayed.
Anyway I wanted to share that with people who , like us, might not have been aware and to save you the possibility of post traumatic stress counselling!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Best days to bank !
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 10:41:58 AM »
So it's going to get really busy on  Weds and Thurs from now on! I bet you wish you had kept that quiet now!

Seriously though - thanks for the advice. We will steer clear of the days you mention.

See you in the ex- pats queue!

Stoop:D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 10:42:27 AM by stoop »

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Best days to bank !
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 13:00:46 PM »
When you go to the bank what do you do.  How do you get the ticket thingy and do you just press the button like in Tesco's or do you have to enter your accoutn number.  We're going to have to pay in some money and I've been a bit aprehensive about how these things work.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Best days to bank !
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 13:23:58 PM »
You just take a ticket from the machine and wait, and wait, and wait.....

I have been told that if you have a cash card, you can swipe that through the machine and depending on how much money is in your acount, you get your number called quicker. Not sure if thats true but it may explain how some come in after you and get served before you.

Rimms

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Best days to bank !
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 14:43:13 PM »
In the Koc Bank I press all 3 buttons and get 3 tickets. Then see which one comes up first. Good game, good game !! LOL

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Best days to bank !
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 15:01:13 PM »
Rimms is correct- thats what happens if you have a cash card or a credit card- swipe it through and the 'numbers' seems to come up quicker. There are 2 buttons in the Guranti and I press both- it depends which queue the cashier is working as to how quickly it comes up.

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Best days to bank !
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 18:41:44 PM »
Thanks - that seems to answer my question and I didn't want to look a twit when we go to deposit some money in 3 WEEKS! But I suppose the cash/credit card has to belong to the bank.  You can't use just any card can you - p'raps I'll try that.

Offline apollo

Best days to bank !
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 20:48:14 PM »
Also try getting there about 10 to nine, before the queues start.

Offline BUBSMUM

Best days to bank !
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 23:27:34 PM »
That's right - privilege customers (those with cash cards or credit cards) can swipe with the option of more cashiers working on their numbers. i.e. one person doing non privileged numbers.

Another interesting point is that many years ago the TUESDAY market used to be held on MONDAYS.  The belediye was asked to move it to another day because Monday was a busy day for business people! Hence they didn't have time to do their businessing and shop at the market.

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
Best days to bank !
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 00:40:16 AM »
Thanks - very  helpful everyone. Stuart

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf