Author Topic: Anyone know this place ?  (Read 2879 times)

Offline Roy H

• Father of the House
  • Father of the House
Anyone know this place ?
« on: May 25, 2004, 09:13:12 AM »
A couple of years ago we were taken by minibus with a group on a sort of picnic party day out somewhere up the coast from Telmessos.
It was a kind of picnic area with a little cafe, lots of bench tables, and backing on to an area of pine trees. Nice little beach and other coves nearby.
Does anyone know the name of it, how to get there, any signposts etc ? I didn't take too much notice of directions when we went and would like to find it again. Thanks.
RoyH

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Anyone know this place ?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 09:45:33 AM »
Roy
Was it Katranci( guess at spelling ). Its on the way back to Dalaman before you get to Gocek and then theres a left turn into what looks like nothing, you drive down a steep bank and end up in the cove- bliss. There is a signpost at the side of the road- and its accessible by boat too. Not sure if its 'the' place but its certainly worth a trip.

Offline Roy H

• Father of the House
  • Father of the House
Anyone know this place ?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 15:40:11 PM »
Yes, that sounds like it Cavfan. I know the turning is off the dalaman road, just wondered if it was signposted in any way.Thanks for your info.
Roy

Offline nelliedeen

Anyone know this place ?
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 16:31:50 PM »
Roy, the dolmus stops right on the beach, and will pick you back up at a designated time.  Just catch the dolmus which says Katranchi on the front, it is my favourite beach.
Helen

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Anyone know this place ?
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 13:39:18 PM »
Do you know what- its a good few years since we went and since this has prompted me to think about it as we're going out to Calis this weekend I think we might pay another visit! Thanks for the prompt!

Offline AnneandTerry

Anyone know this place ?
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2004, 18:09:06 PM »
Hi, Helen

Where do you get the dolmus from?   Same place as the Calis dolmus, or somewhere else?

Anne and Terry

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Anyone know this place ?
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2004, 09:41:55 AM »
Notice that you havent had a reply so hope this isnt too late for you! As we've just got back I can tell you that the bus goes from the same street as the Calis /Olu deniz etc bus. However they are not half as regular and as we never quite timed it right never got there this time- settling for Olu Deniz instead !

Offline AnneandTerry

Anyone know this place ?
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2004, 10:35:22 AM »
Thanks, Cayfan

We probably won't have time next week, as we still need to set up utilities accounts, etc. but will certainly try and get to the beach in September.

Anne and Terry

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf