Author Topic: Maintenance payments.... not.  (Read 6439 times)

Offline scouser2swife

Maintenance payments.... not.
« on: November 11, 2009, 12:27:30 PM »
Has anyone else got the same problem as us?.we live in a 6 apartment building 1 apartment is still unsold.The other 5 apartments were all owned by Brits as holiday homes until Feb09.They owners sold to a Turkish man and we had discussed with him maintenance payments and he told us 'no problem'.We got the pool up and running and we still received no payments from him.In early summer his British girlfriend moved out here and they were in the pool all day and every day.I broached the subject of money with her and she said that she would give me her share.No money was forthcoming.In September one of the other owners asked him about his share of the maintenance and he and his girlfriend ran up to our apartment swearing and shouting at me and threatening our lovely neighbours.The upshot is we have had no money from the Turkishman or his girlfriend and they have taken to ignoring us and our british neighbours, and as you can imagine it's not a nice atmosphere to live in. Anyone got any suggestions as to how we can get some maintenance money from this man?:(

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 18:50:10 PM »
We have a similar problem on our block of 8 apartments. Five are owned by Brits as holiday homes, one by a Russian family, again as a holiday home, one is still for sale, and there is one Turkish resident who rents long term off the owner.  She refuses to pay any maintenance, but invites all her Turkish friends/neighbours over to use the pool. (They use our sunbeds and any pool toys/lilos that may still be out at the poolside.)  

Not sure there's an easy answer to this one.   8)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 19:23:39 PM »
Scouser, what is the name of your apartment building and have you any names? best if you e mail them to me through my profile.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 19:39:38 PM by tinkerman »

Offline scouser2swife

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 20:08:23 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

Scouser, what is the name of your apartment building and have you any names? best if you e mail them to me through my profile.

Hi Tinkerman. I can't get your email address from your profile and I can't get the link to work.You can email me and I'll reply ASAP.

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 08:41:50 AM »
I just wouldn't attend to the pool for a while. Cut off my nose to spite my face really ! But this is a real problem with many apartment bloks. Hope someone can advise.

Offline scouser2swife

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 08:52:09 AM »
It's a sad situation because we actually knew (or thought we knew) this Turkish man before he bought and thought he was a friend. A friend of mine who lives in a building with a number of Turks told me that I'd have trouble getting money out of him and I thought that she was just being negative. After he moved in to his apartment he was always pestering us about 'home improvements' that we should have done and he would arrange the work to be done. I asked him if he would have the same work done and he said no, did we ask around for quotes.His prices were upward of 50% more!Unfortunately we had already had him arrange a number of jobs for us prior to seeing through him.

Offline scouser2swife

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 08:57:35 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by littlereddevil

I just wouldn't attend to the pool for a while. Cut off my nose to spite my face really ! But this is a real problem with many apartment bloks. Hope someone can advise.

I ran out of money to keep the pool open in mid October, so it has been partly drained anyway.
The other thing is that this is the first year that we have used the pool, as when the other owners are here we feel that they should have priority as we can use it when they are gone.

Offline scouser2swife

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 10:45:15 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by julesbob0303

We have a similar problem on our block of 8 apartments. Five are owned by Brits as holiday homes, one by a Russian family, again as a holiday home, one is still for sale, and there is one Turkish resident who rents long term off the owner.  She refuses to pay any maintenance, but invites all her Turkish friends/neighbours over to use the pool. (They use our sunbeds and any pool toys/lilos that may still be out at the poolside.)  

Not sure there's an easy answer to this one.   8)

Yes this guy and his girlfriend do that too.They took sunloungers out of the shed and haven't bothered to put them away.I am damned if I'm putting them away....I'll let the owner of the sunloungers have it out with them next year when they come out.
The other thing is, We sort the pool out and pay communal bills etc and take no money for this, but we get abuse!! Totally outrageous.:(

Offline cyril

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 14:20:12 PM »
Have a look at the condomium that will help out your situation. We had a prob like this on our complex and it is very helpful.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 14:41:26 PM »
How very rude of these people. I can't believe that people can behave this way. As you said it creates an unpleasant atmosphere.

I know its winter now but maybe start making things difficult for them. Padlock the shed for starters! Maybe you could make it impossible for them to use the pool I have a few ideas but they are probably illegal!

Good luck though, hopefully Tinkerman can help you

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf