Author Topic: Should he stay or should he go?  (Read 3617 times)

Offline screamlead

Should he stay or should he go?
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 10:28:15 AM »
Who me - nay never - must be my sense of humor and Yorkshire wit. Back to stirring - the Brew!

Offline barry44544

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 10:47:53 AM »
I think the Board are to blame for all the ill's that befall Arsenal at the present time.
They are living in a time warp. You cant expect players to say we will accept the
sub-standard wages you are offering.
Who in there right mind would go to Arsenal if Man city came calling.
Man U learnt the lesson last year with the Rooney fiasco, They paid up.
Arsene can find as many rising stars as he like's.... But market force's dictate Who gets the best players.
So what, we had eight players unavailable! so what we sold Top players!
We cant buy anyone because the Board wont pay the going rate.
Sack the Board.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2011, 11:51:07 AM »
I dont believe that to be the case, I think its through Arsenes own arrogance that he never bought any players, the board always said there was money but Arsene thought he could do it with young players and now its all caught up with him, the senior players know now that they will never win anything whilst he plays this game and are sloping off to more ambitious clubs.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2011, 11:57:34 AM »
Or indeed clubs that pay them much more money. Funny how Ferguson also thought he can do it with young players, and is doing  :)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2011, 12:14:13 PM »
Time will tell, when the senior players are back and fit.

Offline doubletwo

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2011, 20:34:14 PM »
i think its ridiculous to say he should go.The same is already being said about Arry of Spurs.I think they are both doing a marvelous job and are great managers and long may they both stay.
8-2 and 1-5.Fantastic. :)

Offline fletch

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 20:55:35 PM »
We have 5 season tickets within my family for the Emirates, we are also a family of Gooner supporters through and through. I can honestly say that AFC winning trophies is not at the top of my list, watching and enjoying a fabulous game of football played in a fluent and passionate way would take that place. I have never been a glory hunter but it is nice when the silverware comes along.

AFC have played some of the best football in the premiership for quite a few seasons now, all with young talent that isn't overpaid and hasn't come with a massive transfer fee. Arsene came with a dream of bringing players through the ranks and keeping them together for the longevity of their careers. AFC are a business first and do not rely on some billionaire to pump cash in as a quick fix and buy the silverware along with it. If our chairman was to walk tomorrow the club would continue without a hitch, this cannot be said of other clubs in the premiership.

The turning point for AFC was the cup final against Birmingham, if we would have won that then certain players may have stayed for a little longer. AFC have been competing at the highest level for season after season and all with young players that have cost the club very little. Players that we have dipped into the coffers to bring to the club have not always worked out as their is no guarantee that they will perform, Man City and Adebayor is a recent example of this.

Man Utd were the better team on the day, AFC are having behind the scene issues but please don't lose sight of the fantastic work that Wenger has done over the years and I for one hope he continues to do. Wenger changed our game here in England with all his fancy diets and fitness levels, no more fags at half time etc but WOW! what an exciting league we all sit and enjoy now.

AFC will come back fighting you can be sure of that, 14 years continuous champions league qualification is proof of that. I would love AFC to have the big money to spend and win everything but that is not the Arsenal way and never has been.

I would like to end on giving Fergie credit for being such a gentleman towards Arsene Wenger and the team. Arsenal have not had the best start to the season but it will come around, the bonus is that we are still above the Spuds!!  ;)

Gooner til I die :D

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2011, 21:03:30 PM »
There writes a true football man.

Well done fletch. I wish your team and their supporters all the best for the rest of the season.

And couldn't agree more with you about Fergie.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2011, 21:50:24 PM »
Fergie has gone way up in my estimation for the way he spoke on Sunday and the support that he has given Wenger over the past couple of weeks.

Fergie has a very young team but the main difference over Arsenal he has the cash to buy the cream of the current crop of young players. In the past year he has probably spent about £60 million.Utd have never been afraid to spend and as a club they are technically broke. The balance sheet is full of debt. On the other hand Arsenal has a balnace sheet that is probably the best in the world of football. Maybe it is time to really loosen the purse strings.

Arsene Wenger revelutionised the English game. The drinking culture has disappeared from mostof the clubs. Training methods and diet have changed. In Arsenal, under Wenger they have one of the best stadiums in the world,state of the art training facilities and a scouting system plus a youth policy that has been the envy of most clubs.

I do hope he sorts it out and that he will be remembered for the above and not the man who was in charge of the Arsenal side that had a reccord defeat.I hope that he abandons this policy of trying to win the Prem with bargain buys. It has not worked and it is time to change strategy.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 21:56:57 PM by Ovacikpeedoff »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2011, 22:33:42 PM »
Is that the same Fergie who paid £31m for Rio? Yes he's brought kids through but also spent big.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf