Author Topic: Wrong Player Sent Off !  (Read 5840 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Wrong Player Sent Off !
« on: March 22, 2014, 13:12:26 PM »
Jesus Christ, how long are premiership referees going to get away with this crap standard.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Re: Wrong Player Sent Off !
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 13:16:49 PM »
For as long as players and coaches try and cheat refs.
 I have not seen the incident you refer to, but 20 year ago at centres of excellence boys as young as ten were being taught to dive. The sooner we have retrospective fines for incidents the refs missed or got wrong the better.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 13:35:43 PM »
I get that Mark but this is incident is in the Chelsea Arsenal match, Oxlade Chamberlain dives to clear a header and does a blatant 'Maradona' right in front of the ref. who doesn't see it, neither does the linesman, players protest, ref then sends off the wrong player and awards a penalty. It's a total, laughable shambles !

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 15:21:51 PM »
How long before someone sees sense and allows video technology. Incident would have been cleared up in no time.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 15:29:23 PM »
Nice one guys you spotted it too . I have been one on here for calling for video tech for ages, definite penalty though,  ;)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 15:39:29 PM »
For as long as players and coaches try and cheat refs.
 I have not seen the incident you refer to, but 20 year ago at centres of excellence boys as young as ten were being taught to dive. The sooner we have retrospective fines for incidents the refs missed or got wrong the better.
Mark you are a good friend of mine, but as you say you haven't seen it yet, what is the point of referring to 20 years ago. the game has moved on, and refs cant keep up with it,. and 4th officials are a waste of space, and  video technology  works in tennis, rugby, etc, so why not football.

Offline Jack13

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 15:51:26 PM »
try again. not a lot u can say des. the team that wanted it most got the result. reminds me of the game at Liverpool. how the referee sent of gibbs is unbelievable. must go to specsavers. now is the time for video technology but probably not.

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 15:58:34 PM »
Its only a game?  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 16:00:20 PM »
The rules clearly state that if you didn't see it, you can't give it. Even if the only possible way the ball changed direction was by hitting a hand, but that hand was obscured by another player, you didn't see it and you can't give it.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2014, 16:11:14 PM »
Good comment Jack, Arsenal totally outplayed , first Chelsea goal by eto, sheer class, 2nd goal, shechney is crouching down and doesn't even dive to attempt to save it, 3rd goal definite penalty handball, although you will see from different post on here the wrong man sent off,. at the end off the day Arsenal who had one of the best defensive records in the premiership were torn apart , and it could have been more than 6-0. so at least I can admit a good beating.   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf