Author Topic: Wenger IS Rubbish!  (Read 3518 times)

Offline tiddly winks

Wenger IS Rubbish!
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2010, 19:32:11 PM »
I can understand how important a manager is to a football, but I really do believe that the success of a team lies mostly in the hands of the players themselves. A Gooner fan myself I can admit that we are not consistent in games to win anything. A manager can drive the teams morale, pick the strongest players and find the hottest talent, but if players don't play well themselves then it is at their own hands. A manager can only do so much during a match.
Hopefully most of you will agree with me that when Arsenal play good it really is good. When it's poor - well sometimes we scrape through or lose.

Wenger has been at Arsenal for a long time now, if people were really worried then I'd like to think Pat Rice might be in charge now. Also, Fergie's bordering on rubbish now, Man U haven't exaactly been doing great themselves :D

Offline fletch

Wenger IS Rubbish!
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2010, 08:40:13 AM »
I don't agree that Fergie is doing rubbish, unbeaten in the premier league and top of it as well, you don't become a bad manager over night.

It is upto the manager to build and to some degree buy the players for his team, if they are not going to gel it is up to him to identify and explore other avenues by using his extended squad.

I do agree that players have to perform and take accountability for a bad personal performance. Too many times manager's take the flack for when a player does not perform, players also know this and can at times get away with murder.

I have always said that when I go to watch the Arsenal, the performance is everything and winning the bonus. I am now involved in a project helping to maximise and enhance the matchday experience for our fans, it is at the moment not so good and we are in the process of re-building a team of staff to correct this. I want supporters to leave our stadium after a match with the feeling of having had a great few hours of entertainment and receiving value for money no matter what the score is. :D:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf