Author Topic: Pc virus  (Read 1801 times)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Pc virus
« on: March 02, 2011, 09:27:05 AM »
Can anyone suggest anything to stop a virus getting into your pc, I managed to get it back on yesterday, but not sure how, or if it was just pot luck, now I cant post replies or anything on FB, so it looks like it is about to do it again,so would like to catch it in time, and can you do it off line, my daughters has done the same thing, and a message comes up on hers saying about your brother, sister, mother etc, and wont allow you to click on anything,and says stuff about trojans and worms, !!!!!!! any advice would be good, cheers.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Pc virus
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 09:41:35 AM »
Download Spybot search and destroy and run it through your computer to clear it out.

Offline julesbob0303

Pc virus
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 20:04:02 PM »
We have exactly the same problem as your daughter Laffa (same message etc).  It wont let us open anything at all, including the internet, so how can we download Spybot?  Thanks for any help.  8)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Pc virus
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 21:19:53 PM »
She rang someone who was going to come out and charge a minimum £45.00 but luckily enough a family friend did it, apparently the knack is to turn it on and go straight to spybot or whatever other choice you have, she said she could'nt because it would not let her click on anything, but he was able to do it,

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Pc virus
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 22:16:39 PM »
Do you know the name of the virus or software that is telling you you have a virus?

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Pc virus
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 18:44:35 PM »
I dont know mine, not sure if Julie knows hers, does it make a difference,?
Not sure how I cleared mine up because I really have not got a clue, it must have thought, "lets get off, this woman is nuts", hmm, can they think ?:P

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Pc virus
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 18:48:16 PM »
It's normally rogue software that gives these messages. So getting the name of the software that is giving you these messages is useful

Normally it says something like 'your pc is infected with xyz Trojan virus' and at the top of this message may be the name of the software that is giving this message

Offline julesbob0303

Pc virus
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 18:04:16 PM »
Mine seems to have just disappeared too!  It's taken a few days; we just left the PC switched off and it's gone!   :)

Have now downloaded spybot as well, so hopefully it's all sorted.

Thanks for your help!   :)

Offline Old Daffodil

Pc virus
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 18:57:33 PM »
I don't understand what spybot is. If you use it will you lose anything that is on your computer that you want to keep?

Offline ukchris

Pc virus
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 11:34:51 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Daffodil

I don't understand what spybot is. If you use it will you lose anything that is on your computer that you want to keep?

spybot is a program for removing virus and malware. you won't lose anything you want to keep.

sometimes spybot can be a bit confusing to use for some people as it comes with that teatimer software etc etc. I use a program called Malwarebytes for getting rid of the rogue AV software. Did 9 pc's last week, depending on how fast/slow your pc is it should get rid of the virus in 10-30 mins

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

click on 'download free edition'

once you have got rid of the virus, make sure you run windows update, and check your anti virus software. there are previous topics with some good free AV software you can download.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf