Author Topic: internet problems?  (Read 1684 times)

Offline Jack13

internet problems?
« on: March 05, 2011, 08:24:03 AM »
hope i amin the right posting.

at the moment we are having a great deal of trouble with the internet which of course serves the telephone land line,tele and of course the comp. is anybody else experiencing this? we have reported this to telekom and have had engineers out to the problem. when they leave it is ok but 30mins.later we are back to square one. we pay 60 lira a month for this service which last month hardly worked at all. do we get a rebate?????????

has anybody else had these problems and if so did they get them resolved? i would appreciate any help on this subject.

thanks in anticipation

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
internet problems?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 09:24:18 AM »
Is the phone you use on the landline a mobile ? If so, it may be causing the loss of internet service. Try plugging a bulk standard phone into the line.

Offline posleeds

internet problems?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 11:06:51 AM »
We have had a few problems where the internet has gone down - but it has usually been resolved with a call to their technical help desk - (number for TTNET is 444 0375) though that is a trauma in itself if you can't speak Turkish & the call handler can't speak English.  It really depends on who you get on the end of the phone as to how successful the outcome is. It's often worth ringing back several times until you get someone who understands you & the problem.  We have been fobbed off with "duff" advice several times - i.e the computer is at fault...oh no it wasn't!
Good luck  :)

PS. We seem to have more problems after bouts of heavy rain - assuming water gets into the system somewhere...have never bothered chasing for a rebate..been two days at the most without internet access...seemed like too much hassle to chase!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 11:11:29 AM by posleeds »

Offline simpsons

internet problems?
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 14:33:06 PM »
Are you using a splitter? This is a small plug which you plug your line into one end and telephone and modem into the other end. Costs about 3 lira.

Offline Jack13

internet problems?
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 09:02:35 AM »
where can i purchase same? and what purpose does it serve? not really into comp. so any advice would be much appreciated.

Offline posleeds

internet problems?
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 12:18:48 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jack13

where can i purchase same? and what purpose does it serve? not really into comp. so any advice would be much appreciated.

If you got a modem included in a package from TTNET you more than likely will have a splitter...it basically is a small box that plugs ito the phone socket on the wall & "splits" the line into two - one for your phone, the other for your modem.
We sound to have had the same problems as you...had TTNET engineers out, all sorted - then within an hour or so no internet.  As mentioned previously - if you can find someone helpful on the technical desk they usually manage to sort it pronto.  

If it's anything to do with passwords & logging in & you need "English" help - send me an e-mail through my profile - not sure if I will be of any help but will try.

Good luck

Offline Keith

• Middleton, Manchester, UK
internet problems?
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 12:33:11 PM »
You also need to have an ADSL filter or splitter (same thing) on any extension phone that is using the same line. Disconnect the extension & see what happens.

Offline Jack13

internet problems?
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 16:10:50 PM »
many thanks posleeds. funnily enough my internet has worked all day. if the problem reoccurs i will get in touch.

many thanks for ur advice.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf