Author Topic: Skype facilities  (Read 2446 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Skype facilities
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 20:15:25 PM »
I've been thinking about this on and off all day now [:o]

There is always the option of monthly fee rather than priced per minute on Skype - this means that for one monthly fee a list of countries can be phoned with no further charge. This again means that there would be no need to add credit to the account (other than the monthly cost for the subscription). Obviously the world of internet telephony is perfect for those who are retired and have family and friends abroad, but they are also often the people who would benefit from it the most but understand it the least. On that basis alone it really has legs.

The problem again is that although many countries are included, many are not and this could be a problem. See the country list here: http://www.skype.com/intl/en/prices/pay-monthly/unlimited-world-extra

Offline Old Daffodil

Skype facilities
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 21:47:26 PM »
I will forward this on,thanks. We are fighting to retain the library and hope that this is one way of doing it.
If anyone is interested,bus passes for the retired are now obtained through local libraries now in a lot of areas.
Memory sticks can be taken to libraries and used and many other services are offered in the way of local information, bus timetables etc.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf