Author Topic: No Email from B.T.  (Read 1994 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
No Email from B.T.
« on: July 28, 2011, 20:07:31 PM »
I have a B.T. account.  I have a domain name and and a second email from that which I use all the time.  My emails stopped coming through a couple of days ago and did return in until evenings.  Today no emails at all.  I rang B.T. and spent 50 minutes computer sharing with a totally uninformed India Guy who told me B.T. have made security changes which could have stopped second emails.  He tried to fix it, he could not.  He then left me.  I then discovered I had no connection to B.T. and was told I have no B.T. Account.  I rang the 100 number to ask for the Complaints Department.. B.T. don't have one!!!
I rang India.  Second guy computer shared and told me he did not know how to re-install my second email address. He has no instructions.  He did manage to get me re-connected  to B.T. and I had to have a new password.
I rang my local Computer Engineer who cannot come out until Tuesday. He tells me that he has had phone calls from other people with the same problem. B.T. have stopped their second email address.
He also tells me he may not be able to re-connect it if B.T. have stopped it.
What a shower B.T. are they cut off customer emails without telling them, they have totally ignorance technical people and they do not provide a way to complain :o[:(!][?][?][:(!] :o
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 20:09:04 PM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline screamlead

No Email from B.T.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 22:08:32 PM »
Not 100% sure but just possibly if you set up an hotmail email account you could redirect your old/ex BT  emails to that. I think though you need to know the server address for the old accounts.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
No Email from B.T.
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 22:54:35 PM »
I have a hotmail address, so I will ask my computer guy next week, thanks.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
No Email from B.T.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 23:05:00 PM »
Send a strong email to ian.livingston@bt.com  set out the complaint add distress and disgusted with the complaints service. give your telephone number contact including mobile, you may not get the Chairman direct but within days if not hours (depending on the time sent) you will get a call from a high complaint office and the problem will be sorted as a priority.
ian.livingston@bt.com

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
No Email from B.T.
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 23:58:43 PM »
Jacquie, we had a BT account and a domain name.  We had various spots of trouble with them.  My son would deal with them and concluded they were idiots.  Their sole purpose seemed to make the fault your problem and nothing to do with them.  He used to find it half amusing the idiocy he witnessed.  Till he was applying for a new job and giving out his email address and BT sabotaged him.  He realised he wasnt getting any mail & freaked out.  Had a row with them because (once again) they were trying to slide out of any blame.  We moved over to Google and have had no trouble since (about 2 years).  We still use our domain name.  If you need any help, I could ask my son for details.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
No Email from B.T.
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 06:49:03 AM »
The bigger they are, the less they care.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
No Email from B.T.
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 09:18:31 AM »
Thanks Rindy,  
I will get rid of B.T. if I can.  I will wait for my Computer Guy to come over on Tuesday, as I have tried all the obvious things myself. Everyone I speak to does not have a good word for B.T. and everyone seems to be leaving them.
Loz, I sent an email to that address, so will wait to hear, thanks again.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
No Email from B.T.
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 13:33:57 PM »
Just an update, and thanks again to Loz.  I emailed the address you gave me and a woman from the Managing Director's Office rang me.  She tells me that she is not "technical" but has spoken to someone in the Technical Department and he thinks there is nothing they can do about reinstating my business email address.  However, she is going to speak to someone else and get back to me tomorrow.
I have told her in no uncertain terms that if I don't get my email address back I am leaving B.T. and I will not be paying any more of my contract with them.  
I have also copied my emails to Rawdeal at the Sunday Post who are also looking into this matter for me.
Will let you know what happens.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
No Email from B.T.
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 14:16:05 PM »
I am pleased to know that the email to the CEO worked and still as quick, but a shame that matters have to go that far.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
No Email from B.T.
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 23:58:28 PM »
O.K. Update is, my computer guy came up and I have my emails back.  The woman from the CEO's office has never been off the phone to me since I also contacted the Sunday Post, Raw Deal.  She has now agreed to refund my phone rental from May until August as compensation.  However, what really p's me off is the fact I told her that when I rang 100 and asked for the Complaints Department I was told there was none. This woman told me there is, so I asked her for the number.. Guess what? If you want to complaint you have to ring up the Technical Department in India and then ask to speak to a Supervisor and complain to him!! So, no Complaints Department then!!
Thanks again Loz, it was a great help to get this email address.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf