Author Topic: internet connection.  (Read 2701 times)

Offline scouser2

internet connection.
« on: November 03, 2011, 21:58:54 PM »
Have been to Gold and had an authentic Platform (UK)Windows 7 Ultimate loaded but cant establish a Local Area Connection to TTNet with ADSL TP-Link TD-8817 modem. Anyone know a reasonably priced computer geek who can come to the house and set it up for me?

Thanks ...

Chris

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
internet connection.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 06:23:15 AM »
Engin at Fethiye Property Services is pretty Geeky. His should be able to sort it out for you.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
internet connection.
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 08:13:02 AM »
There are 2 who advertise in the LOL but I've no idea on how good they are. Can you try to give some more details as to where you're getting stuck, lots of very clever people on this forum too!

Offline scouser2

internet connection.
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 11:58:34 AM »
The problem is (I think at this stage, having exhausted every alternative I can think of) that the driver for the modem ADSL router is NOT a Windows 7 driver. The driver supplied with the installation disc is for XP, Vista 32 and 64 bit. I have gone to the TP Link website to try to download the correct driver but this Win 7 driver for Win 7 32 bit (downloaded from TP Link website) is NOT setting up and configuring the modem. I really need an expert at internet connections to come out and set up a connection.

Unable to contact the 'computer-man' who we used to use.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
internet connection.
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 12:27:36 PM »
Have Gold just installed 7 over the top of something else or have they wiped the existing op sys clean 1st? Possible conflict there to start with. Can you delete the original driver (if you've tried to load it from disc) & install straight from the site?

Offline scouser2

internet connection.
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 13:24:47 PM »
Hi Supacabby.
System only running windows 7 platform. The issue is the driver and I need a recommendation of someone who is capable, reliable and reasonably priced to sort this for me in my home.We took the computer and modem to Gold and they told us it was working. The only internet connections available are wireless. The computer is not accessing the TP Link modem for windows 7. works for windows Vista as this is the only driver supplied with the modem inatallation disc.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
internet connection.
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 13:30:26 PM »
I would take it back to Gold then, let them do it & prove to you it's working with your machine on your modem with a wireless connection. Sorry but I think you've gone as far as you can, I certainly can't think of anything else from here.

Offline scouser2

internet connection.
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 13:40:49 PM »
Thanks for your help and suggestions Supacabby.
Chris.

Offline ovacik2

internet connection.
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 15:59:11 PM »
We have used Onder and his brother for the last three years for minor and semi major problems. He has an office just off the Migros roundabout and on the Olu Deniz road approx 50 mtr , left side. Phone Onder... 0536 024 5710. Onder speaks good english and is very helpful indeed his pricing is very good too.

Offline scouser2

internet connection.
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 16:23:24 PM »
Thanks Ovacik2. Will give him a ring.
Chris.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf