Author Topic: Virus problem ?  (Read 1964 times)

Offline BM06

Virus problem ?
« on: December 20, 2011, 20:07:36 PM »
Looks like my laptop has been attacked by a security virus ? I am unable to get onto any sites without it poping up and saying this site contains a problem/virus, buy this software system ? any help would be much appreciated [:(!]:( the site is called security sphere 2012 it has found its way onto the icon bar in the bottom right hand corner [?][:(!]

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Virus problem ?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 20:22:50 PM »
Do a system restore.

Offline BM06

Virus problem ?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 20:31:10 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by KKOB

Do a system restore.

KK it will not let me restore, the thing blocks me out of all sites and software [?]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 20:31:52 PM by BM06 »

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Virus problem ?
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 21:43:39 PM »

Automatic Removal

Automatic Removal is the fastest solution to get rid of Security Sphere 2012. Automatic Removal is based on using a genuine anti-spyware software to clear the infections. Follow these steps to remove security sphere 2012 :

1. Restart your computer and press "F8" key on your keyboard during startup.

2. When you see a menu, select "Safe Mode With Networking" and start your computer. Security Sphere 2012 will not be run itself Safe Mode. If it somehow manages to run in Safe Mode,  download Process Explorer and save it as "explorer.exe" to your computer.

Now run explorer.exe (Process Explorer) and you can end active process of Security Sphere 2012 easily. This way Security Sphere 2012 won't intervene during removal and you can do your job easily.

3. After ending active process of Security Sphere 2012, run Internet Explorer and Download Spyware Doctor .Spyware Doctor's malware database is huge and It can easily catch viruses like Security Sphere 2012. After downloading, please install Spyware Doctor, install it and update its virus database.

After that, conduct a "Full Scan" of your computer and remove all the infections. That's it! On next reboot, you can boot up your computer in safe mode and everything will be back to normal. 

Offline BM06

Virus problem ?
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 10:45:50 AM »
Steve, my laptop will no let me get past the screensaver now. I did manage to get into safe mode networking but it would not download the process explorer. Have taken it to a shop and the fellow there tells me that the more i click on this the more damage i do. He said he will have to strip it back manually and will cost £55. Does this sound a fair price to you. Thanks for your help.

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Virus problem ?
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 14:06:16 PM »
If you are not confident in doing it yourself then it seems fine. I do not think the virus is one that will damage your laptop but in the absence of kong how to do it yourself or knowing someone who can help you then it may be our only choice

Steve

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Virus problem ?
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 14:12:39 PM »
If you can access YouTube in safe mode or from another computer then this video shows you how to manually remove it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUuZD5volOM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Offline BM06

Virus problem ?
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 10:25:32 AM »
Thanks for the link Steve I will give it a go  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf