Author Topic: olu deniz (disgusted)  (Read 3863 times)

Offline welshbrickie

olu deniz (disgusted)
« on: October 17, 2010, 20:36:58 PM »
We had a wonderfull day in olu deniz watching the air festival. unfortunatly, it was ruined by the rudest waiter ever to have crossed our path since moving to turkey 3 years ago.
We were sat on deck chairs outside the M.C group beach park cafe and bar.As we speak quite good turkish,but not perfect, we continue to try and speak it as much as possible to improve.And after repeatidly asking for service politly,we were told I DONT UNDERSTAND YOU.??How the hell can you not understand buyuk su lutfen(large water please)He then said if your going to sit here and just drink water I will charge you 6TL.Each .Now I can understand that!! so we ordered soft drinks,But still taken aback by his rudness!! when we said Hesap lutfen (the bill please)1 hour later he knew exactly what we ment,And proceeded to tell him how amazing it was  he knew turkish now. and how rude he was and how we had taken offence to his attitude.We Explained we want to learn his language and intergrate with the turkish community. His response was (how clever are you!!!,) what do you want me to do,if you dont like it dont come back.We were gobsmacked as were other people at his attitude
What an ar**ole.[:(!]

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
olu deniz (disgusted)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 20:45:51 PM »
Plenty of choice mate, we just move on   :)

Offline slartibartfast

olu deniz (disgusted)
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 21:06:33 PM »
We were there on Friday.  Normally you can sit there for ages (many hours) and order very little and we never get hassled to buy stuff.  Often it's hard to catch someone to order when you need a "re-fill"

On Friday we did see a "boss" looking a bit "excited" and giving orders but we still sat for ages and didn't get hassled.

We did see the waiters chasing the freebie tickets being dropped from the para-penters and making sure they got there before the punters.   Also a waiter suggested how much of a tip we should leave ... a first for us there :-)

Sooo.... yes we did see a slightly different vibe there on Friday but no big deal (for us).   The flip side is we don't mind paying a bit over the odds for a beer if that lets us sit for hours on a bean-bag on a beach or deck-chairs on the prom  ... especially during the air festival.

I don't condone the rudeness but I can understand why they might be a bit miffed at a deck chair being used for a lengthy period for the price of a bottle of water.   A sunbed would cost 5 ytl (or is it 7.50ytl these days ?)  ... or the concrete prom edge is free :D

There are lots of differnt places to go .... but there aren't that many at Olu with "free" bean bags / deck chairs on the beach  beside the PA system announcing what's going on with the Air Festival
 :)    Too bad you ran into a rude idiot.

Offline Eric

olu deniz (disgusted)
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 21:45:43 PM »
What we were disappointed with today was the state of the beach!  We paid the same amount, to the Belydier, collectors as we did to the private firm, for the sunbeds.  However, the beach was filthy!  Cigarette butts all over the place, old crisp packets etc.  When it was under private control the beach was always cleaned and the collectors courteous.  Now its as dirty as Calis beach (sorry but it is) and we have to pay for that!. The collectors are 'basic', no conversational skills. Give it back to the private company, at least they looked after the beach, the Council only want the money and do nothing for it.  My bet is that there will be no new beds, mattresses, brollies etc next season.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
olu deniz (disgusted)
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 21:54:53 PM »
You need to speak to the mayor of Olu Deniz Eric, I believe you may know who he is :D

Offline Eric

olu deniz (disgusted)
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 22:19:14 PM »
You are 'avin a larf ;) ;) ;):D:D:D

Offline welshbrickie

olu deniz (disgusted)
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 11:43:46 AM »
Hi all
It wasnt the charge for the beds we were annoyed at. We expect it but this jumped up little turd was rude.If it was someones first trip to turkey it could have put them off,
Anyway Ive had my rant!!!!!!!Live and learn.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf