Author Topic: car mot  (Read 7821 times)

Offline Eric

car mot
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2010, 15:07:44 PM »
You don't HAVE to book online, but you can if you wish to book a specific time.  

Here is the website, hope your Turkish is good.:D ;)

http://www.tuvturk.com.tr/content/default.aspx?cid=118
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 15:09:37 PM by Eric »

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
car mot
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2010, 17:58:19 PM »
It's really amazing that the Tax Office/Government can determine immediately whether or not there are any 'debts, fines' etc. owing on a vehicle, but, cannot ascertain that Residency has been paid for, & when some thieving horrible person breaks into your home & steals it, you have to pay again!!  Turkey, Eh?
 (A previous thread). Apologises for 'hijacking' your thread, caza.
Gordy.

By the way, I did not write 'horrible person', the sweary, correcty type thingy stepped in!! [:o)]: :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 18:01:25 PM by GordonA »

Offline milliemars

car mot
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2010, 14:17:31 PM »
Thankyou Eric  :)

Offline Denton

car mot
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2011, 18:11:19 PM »
I have been trying to book the MOT appointment on line but am really stuck, although my dictionery has worked overtime!

Has anybody booked on line and could supply the information needed for each part of the form please.
I used this link:
http://www.tuvturk.com.tr/content/default.aspx?cid=118

Also as the MOT and Tax Office are linked can you pay your car Tax at the MOT centre, or do you still go to the Tax Office for that.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Offline Diverbaz 1

car mot
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2011, 22:57:04 PM »
This is the site you need to book your mot. It is fairly easy to follow with a basic knowledge of turkish, especially if you use google chrome with google translate translating the pages.

https://reservation.tuvturk.com.tr/Web.UI/DisplayContent.aspx

Also you need to pay tax at the tax office prior to the mot.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 22:59:58 PM by Diverbaz 1 »

Offline scouser2

car mot
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2011, 14:55:41 PM »
Anyone know the current price for the TUV on a car?
Thanks in anticipation.
Chris.

Offline Eric

car mot
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2011, 20:13:34 PM »
My visa stamp page is full.  How/where do I get a new one?

Offline brianthegardener

car mot
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2011, 04:32:05 AM »
Eric ... go to tax office .. 1st counter on left, explain to guy who will then print a form off .. take this form after it has been stamped and counter signed to trffic police office on Antalya Road they will then issue you with a new page for your MOT stamps .. you need to do this around three days BEFORE your present MOT runs out.

Hope this helps

Offline Eric

car mot
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2011, 08:21:24 AM »
Cheers, too late for the 3 days before as its due today.

Offline Eric

car mot
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2011, 20:28:00 PM »
Okay, I have calmed down enough now to post my experience of trying to replace the car visa card in our car documents.

I tried to book an appointment online for the visa examination.  Managed to get through all the pages until the one where you enter the 'Trafik' number and then it said there was 'money' otstanding on the car and so could not go any further[:(!]  So the 1st stop yesterday was the tax office.  Went to the desk you said Brian, no problem there as that is the form you get to state there are NO outstanding debts on the car.  Got that form so there are NO oustanding debts on the car[:(!]  The only thing I could think of then was because the visa card was full.  Off to Traffic Police office where I waited behind some Takobci's who told me the system has changed.  You now have to get another form at the TUV testing station and then come back to the Traffic Police.  He had a pile of such forms and full cards that he was sorting out for others.  So off to the testing station. After some discussions with the security guy, laughing at my Turkish:D I finally discovered that the lady in the snack bar at the gate fills out the form for you.  No problems there, 5 mins later and 15 TL lighter and then in the queue for the test.  5 HOURS LATER!!!!! ("because I had not booked an appointment"[:(!][:(!]) The car finally passed the test. The form was duly stamped and then told to go to Traffic Police for a new visa card.

This is the part now that I do not know what happens next for the following reason.

I enter the Traffic Police office at 4.45pm and say 'mehaba' to the 3 officers behind the desk and push forward the appropriate forms.  Totally ignored.  A lady pushes me aside and speaks to the officers who respond immediately.  "Invisible am I?" say I, the conversation then continues as follows;

Officer - "You need to bring an interpreter" (In perfect English)
Me      - "Why do I need an interpreter?"
Officer - "Because I do not know what you want" (In perfect English)
Me      - "Arabam visa kart bitte, yeni visa kart lutfen" (passing him the forms)
Officer - (Raising voice) " Bring an interpreter, I do not know what you want"
Me      - (In English) " Yes you do, these are the forms you have been sorting all day for the takobci's" (Showing him the forms and the full visa card)

At this stage one of the other officers leant across and screamed at me at the top of his voice "SPEAK TURKISH" I was somewhat taken aback at their attitude and this verbal assault and told the officer to go and have sex by himself: :) This was a totally involuntary reaction on my part ;)
I picked up my documents explaining that I thought they resembled large dark orifices ;) and left.  Their shouting at me to 'return' made me realise that they did in fact understand English  :) and so I hurredly walked back to the car, without turning round, and drove off.

Conclusions
1. If there is anything owed or required regarding your vehicle you cannot book a visa inspection online.

2. If your visa card is full you need a form from the lady at the snack bar at the TUV station, cost 15TL, then have the test done and then take completed form and visa card to Traffic Police.

3. The Traffic Police are very rude, obstinate, obnoxious, obstropolis, aggressive etc etc, so deal with this part as you wish!

4. Fi is now going to have to go back again to see how they deal with her 8)  If she gets the same treatment we will return with a translator to make an official complaint to their boss.

Have a nice day:D ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf