Author Topic: selling a vehicle  (Read 2280 times)

Offline peecee

selling a vehicle
« on: September 18, 2010, 06:33:32 AM »
Hi, could anyway tell me the procedure for selling a vehicle expat to expat?  Many thanks

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
selling a vehicle
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 14:01:17 PM »
I sold our car to an Australian guy who lives in Uzumlu, no problems, you both have to go to a 'Notar', first making sure that all paperwork is up to scratch, all relevant taxes,fees have been paid, and bingo, there you go! If I remember correctly though, the purchaser, Turkish or ex-pat, has to pay more than he might expect to,
Gordy.

Offline Eric

selling a vehicle
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 15:58:41 PM »
You need to go to the tax office 1st to get a chitty off them to prove that there are no outstanding fines etc due on the vehicle.  Then, as Gordon says, you both go to a notare to arrange the change of ownership.  The purchaser pays all of these fee's.  Irrespective of what the sale price is, agree a lower price between you that you declare as the sale price to the notare (not too low to be silly) this is the figure that the fee's are then based on.  Make sure you both have your passport etc with you and the vehicle documents.  Once the transfer is done here, the buyer then has to go to the traffic police to have new car documents drawn up in their name, this is their responsibility and does not involve you at all.  It may be wise to take a Turkish speaker with you to the notare to translate for you. Good luck.  If you are at art class this Thursday I can clarify things if you wish.

Offline kizkucuk

selling a vehicle
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 17:26:55 PM »
I used the Notar at the back of Kent Vet they had a very nice man on hand to translate.

Offline peecee

selling a vehicle
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 06:18:13 AM »
Many thanks to you all, especially Eric.  See you Thursday

Offline Veli

selling a vehicle
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 09:04:53 AM »
l peecee;did you sell your car already?cos l am lookin for a car.Pls let me know if you still sellin your car.many tanks..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf