Author Topic: Quick reminder for MB plate owners  (Read 9577 times)

Offline kizkucuk

Quick reminder for MB plate owners
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2011, 19:26:51 PM »
Yes Dutchie - A Turkish citizen has a Turkish plate but anyone can drive it provided they have the appropriate licence.   A foreigner has the MA - MZ plates and there are limitations as to who can drive it.  A Turkish person cannot.  In the case of my MB scooter my Turkish husband is not allowed to drive it. The good to come out of it is that he is now talking about buying a car in his name for me to drive.

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2011, 19:41:23 PM »
A new car because of a fine. Not bad :P

By the way, I was just trying to be sarcastic in my previous post since the other members seemed to be talking about two different things: driving vs owning a car.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2011, 20:44:15 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Rindaloo

I am confused, I thought anyone with the family surname was allowed to drive the car.....

Yes me too, at least that's what we were told 3 year ago, only my husband's name is on the docs and everyone said "no problem you can drive as your name is the same". I wouldn't have bothered to get a DL otherwise.

But apparently they have now changed the rules ....... or have they?

Offline starman™

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2011, 07:16:26 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by kizkucuk
In the case of my MB scooter my Turkish husband is not allowed to drive it.

You will find that as you are married to your husband, he can in fact drive your scooter. The ruling is that any members of immediate family (which includes your husband) can drive a M plate and 1 nominated turkish driver although you must show that you are employing him to be your driver.
When I was married to a Turk, she drove my M plate car all the time and once she got in an accident she just showed her ID and proof that she was married to me, the owner. This satisfied the police and the insurance company.
Thankfully I dont have an M (blue plate) plate anymore as they were too much hassle.

Offline hoops man

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2011, 17:20:52 PM »
Kizkucuk summed it up accurately.

Offline starman™

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2011, 08:20:24 AM »
but a Turkish national can drive a misafir plate if they are next of kin to the owner of the vehicle.

Offline apollo

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2012, 15:50:35 PM »
Today in Adiyaman my wife (who owns the car(MB plated minibus) and is named on the Ruhsat) was stopped for speeding.
After the checks and documentation was completed I got into the driving seat. The policemen told me that I cannot drive because my name was not on the Ruhsat.

Does anyone know if I can get my name added in Fethiye or must we go to Mugla?

In addition, does anyone know the speed limits for a minibus on the different types of road. We know that a single carriageway the limit is 80. But what are the limits on a dual carriageway and motorway?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 19:47:53 PM by apollo »

Offline quackers

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2012, 18:48:50 PM »
I thought family (same surname)could drive the car. I have driven our car which is registered in my husbands name and although stopped at usual police checks 3 times and shown doc's (turkish licence ect) never been told I cannot drive the car. Have  they changed the rules?

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2012, 06:22:33 AM »

As I stated in an earlier post, IF in the box (7.2) Diger Bilgiler on your vehicle docs (Ruhsat), it is written or laterly printed "araci sahibi ve aile fertlerinden baskasi tarafindan kullanilamazon" anyone with the family name can drive the vehicle (must have license of course). If it states "Araci Sahibinden Baskasi Kullanamaz" only the owner/s can drive the vehicle.

Offline starman™

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2012, 06:58:45 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Diverbaz 1
 "araci sahibi ve aile fertlerinden baskasi tarafindan kullanilamazon" anyone with the family name can drive the vehicle

Doesnt say same family name but members of that family, otherwise if someones surname is Smith then but that term you are saying anyone with the surname Smith can drive it.
Basically apart from the owner, only members of immediate family can drive, no cousins are in-laws etc.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf