Author Topic: NEW DATE - 2nd October 2016  (Read 3252 times)

Offline SHEILA P

• Newly Registered
NEW DATE - 2nd October 2016
« on: April 05, 2016, 07:11:48 AM »
Further to the previous notice of postponement for  Race for Life 2016 on Sunday 1st May 2016.    It has now been decided that this years race will be held on Sunday 2nd October 2016 at 10am which is a 5km Race starting at The Culture Centre, along Fethiye Kordon and back.   The Adults Race will begin at 10am and this will then be followed by the Children’s  Race.   The professional runnings will start first.
Registration forms and t-shirts can be purchased from FETAV Office in Fethiye. The cost of the t-shirts are 20tl each and sizes are S, M, L and X-Large. Registration forms and t-shirts are available from Ankavet in Calis;  Animal Aid Shop in Gunlukbasi.  Wristbands are available from 3C’s Charity Shop and Fig Charity Shop.
Registrations will be in the Erasta from Wednesday 6th April from 2pm – 8pm until Sunday 10th April.   Further events will be notified  as soon as possible.
By participating and paying a small entrance fee of 15tl, 5tl for children and collecting sponsors it is hoped that enough money will be raised to purchase the much needed equipment.
Please come and join in - all funds raised go straight to our local hospital for the Cancer department to purchase Bronchoscopy Device.    See attached for an explanation of the equipment that is hoped to be purchased.

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
Re: NEW DATE - 2nd October 2016
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 09:23:56 AM »
Any news on the Race for Life please?

Don

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 12:45:05 PM »
It was fabulous Don. Around 400 people attended which was amazing considering it was advertised so late due to Police permission and advice to keep it low key.

Holding hands and thinking of loved ones spread right round the square.
Very emotional.[/img]

This year we had many local cancer survivors who have just been given the all clear and a dear friend who is currently going through chemo at the Devlet.
Many people wore scarves to support  her and they all walked together. Very touching.

This year they also had medals for the first 3 11 to 18 year olds and the under 11s.

Our own keep fit Boxerdogs came 2nd, John Young was 3rd.
Metehan Deniz took first place for the men.

Last years Turkish female winner Tokat was the winner again this year.

The winners of the wheels category    :)

My John had man flu but still managed to complete in under 30 minutes. Very proud. Before last year's race for life he couldn't run for the bus.

A great event.

If anyone would like to donate then Fetav would be very happy to see you.

All money raised will go to the Oncology Unit at the Devlet.
They would particularly like a bronchoscope but will depend how much is raised.
They don't anticipate raising as much as last year as with the ' is it going ahead or not dramas' people didn't have long to get sponsors.

There was significantly more Turkish people this year.
Last year maybe between 5 and 10%.
This year at least 20% which is fabulous.

60-70 people came from Dalyan, coordinated by Engin Coban who sponsored from Turquaz Homes.
This all came about from 1 lady from Dalyan who registered at a car boot last year spreading the word.
Thanks Janet.
Don't ever think one person can't make a difference.

The message is getting out there and hopefully this event will get bigger and better every year.

Were your ears burning Don?
I was telling the Land of Lights reporter that we missed our octogenarian this year.

Full report & more photos will be in the next Land of Lights.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 12:59:36 PM »
As I said elsewhere no words are adequate.  :)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 08:25:53 AM »
I've been advised by Paddy from the committee that 20,000 tl has been raised so far.
This is incredible.
That's without peoples individual sponsorship so maybe the much needed bronchoscope will be attainable.

Special thanks to Dilek from Fetav for all her hard work, all of the committee members, corporate and individual sponsors, Karen Stockman for the warm up routine, the marshalls, the admin team, the timekeepers, the participants, photographers and journalists.
Sorry if I've missed anyone.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 09:42:20 AM »
That is incredible !  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf