Author Topic: Trying to register  (Read 2742 times)

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Trying to register
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2006, 09:49:59 AM »
Linjim, the email address you sent me is NOT registered on this forum. The problem then would seem to point to your PC.

Make sure you delete all cookies/history/temporary internet files. Close down the browser and open again.

Let me know how you get on

Steve

p.s. if this does not work send me details of the userID you are trying to set up

Offline 30021190

Trying to register
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2006, 13:25:45 PM »
Two people can't have the same email address at the same time, but hotmail's email addresses expire if you do not use them, so somecould have used the name before hand but you can get it once their usage had lasped.
I got emails to my hotmail account that were for another person with the same email address, I had got the email address becuse they hadn't used if for so long.

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Trying to register
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2006, 19:51:27 PM »
You should be able to log on now (check my email that I sent you)

The email address (or slight variations of it) had been used a total of 4 times under different user names. I assume these were all your own attempts to register as they are the same IP and name.

I think the reason for the problem (and those more knowledgeable may tell me different) is that when you register you have to reply to an email to 'activate' your account. Obviously the 3 variations to your email would not work so you would have nothing to reply to. The correct one I can only assume you never received it or did not check your mailbox.

Hopefully everything is working now and look forward to hubbies first post

All the best

Steve

Offline linjim

Trying to register
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 16:56:24 PM »
You will be pleased to know hubby is finally registered with the kind help of Redding43. There are a lot of kind, helpful people on this forum. Linda and Jim.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf