Author Topic: Locking topics  (Read 6138 times)

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
Locking topics
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 20:53:30 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

Im thinking of locking more topics, this is the busiest we have been for a long time:D

Who dares wins Tinx. Bout time you earned your consultancy fee  :)

I think the heat is getting to everyone  8)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Locking topics
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2007, 22:10:09 PM »

Good night all. May tomorrow bring all you hope for.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=67J_66hdN-I

Offline friar tuck

Locking topics
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2007, 22:15:33 PM »
Tomorrow is bringing me a flight to Turkiye good night Highlander.
 :) 8)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Locking topics
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2007, 22:17:19 PM »
Bon voyage Cliff :)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Locking topics
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2007, 22:33:29 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by LisaS

The sensible thread on locked topics has been, guess what?

I love it, S. Your ability to focus on something but the actual issue is amazing.

I like your forum generally, by the way. The fact that mods lock topics because they don't like what's being said makes credibility an issue, however.

(It's the Orange Car thing that's the latest example,that I've seen).

Mavism, your imput is invaluable, thank you.

Can someone explain that to me please[?]

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Locking topics
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2007, 23:25:41 PM »
 :) Stoop the way I read it, it means,  Some people can write what they want when it suits them, but others are not allowed to voice there opinion, If I have read into it wrong then I am sure I will be corrected. So gizza kiss. ;)

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
Locking topics
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2007, 23:32:21 PM »
It is not my intention to a cause offence but having raised this issue I would like to express my concern that it was locked without any post being offensive or abusive and within 24 hours of it having been posted!!
Personally I think I raised an interesting point, not least of all because CBF claims to be a discussion forum, though that now appears to be in doubt.
I have argued before that CBF is like a magazine and in all magazines there are articles and subjects which readers will favour more than others and some which will be of no interest to the reader at all. Personally I think there is scope for argument and it is legitimate to include it in the CBF portfolio. To argue is not to fight - it is to present different view point in the hope others might change their mind.
I also have a concern that it is assumed people like me who, (all be it rarely) criticise the forum or criticize moderators are anti CBF or anti moderators. I think the forum is healthier and stronger if such criticisms can be made. I think it would help if moderators have a concern that a post is getting too personal or threatens to be abusing then they can 'advise' people to cool it, before locking it. I also find it odd when moderators or Skunner sometimes say that if people want to argue they should join a chat room or MSN yet appear tolerate others using the forum for that purpose on less  emotive subjects. Tinx if I had known it was your first locking I probably would not have commented in quite the same way. They were not directed at you personally. I fully accept that posts which are personal or deliberately cause offense should not be tolerated and should be locked. I suppose I am pleading for a bit slack especially when people argue.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 23:53:55 PM by Twin Bee »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Locking topics
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2007, 08:02:47 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by laffa

:) Stoop the way I read it, it means,  Some people can write what they want when it suits them, but others are not allowed to voice there opinion, If I have read into it wrong then I am sure I will be corrected. So gizza kiss. ;)

Laffa,

Thanks for the explanation.
[:X]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf