Author Topic: ipad/tablet to tv  (Read 6934 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: ipad/tablet to tv
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 15:11:29 PM »
I agree that we all like different things. Three things strike me though.

1. I think most people like Apple because they are so easy to use. The interface is very user friendly and things like facetime are just brilliant. It knocks things like Skype for six.

2. Looking at the Microsoft Tablet I think I might as well just by a laptop. I can't really see much diference apart from the portability side.

3. Since buying my ipad mini my home pc is getting used less and less. I really only go on it when I'm wanting to print or update my MS Money files. It's just so portable and easy to use.

Each to their own though eh?

Offline davidlocke90

• F##k Google, Ask me!
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2013, 15:34:47 PM »
I agree that we all like different things. Three things strike me though.

1. I think most people like Apple because they are so easy to use. The interface is very user friendly and things like facetime are just brilliant. It knocks things like Skype for six.

2. Looking at the Microsoft Tablet I think I might as well just by a laptop. I can't really see much diference apart from the portability side.

3. Since buying my ipad mini my home pc is getting used less and less. I really only go on it when I'm wanting to print or update my MS Money files. It's just so portable and easy to use.

Each to their own though eh?

I totally agree with you stoop everyone uses there electronics for different uses and find ways of doing it 'there way'

I bought a android tablet a year ago and just before i bought it i bought a apple mac and i found that because of the battery, apps and weight(portability) i used my mac more than my tablet and found it to be a waste of money but i bought my tablet for university studies and suppose it serves its purpose.

Again, this was my personal choice as i know many people would of used the tablet more due to being able to carry it in your hand anywhere.

Dave

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2013, 15:37:51 PM »
Time perhaps for another 'reply with quote' tutorial

There's no need to quote the entire last post if you are replying to it - it is already the last thing above your post, we don't need to read the whole post twice in a row.

Just reply!

Offline daveG

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2013, 16:15:26 PM »
Still trying to master Burroughs comptometer!! :angel:

Offline davidlocke90

• F##k Google, Ask me!
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2013, 09:15:22 AM »
I agree with you there Scunner was a silly thing to do considering his reply was above.

I just clicked quote without thinking and replied rather than clicking reply and posting!

Honest lazy mistake!

Dave

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2013, 16:57:37 PM »
Spot on Keith. My boss has an android and its a nightmare to navigate. Apple software is so much more user friendly.

I use both, and its not that Apple is any easier to navigate, it's what you get used to using.  So if you are an Ipad user you would say it is more difficult to use the android, but it's not, its just different.

You can pick up the leads Scunner has pictured above cheaper on Amazon (or a similar non tax cheat website!) they are not apple products but in my experience just as good, don't forget you'll also need an HDMI lead to go with it to connect to the TV

As Scunner points out you can't use Sky Go through the cable to the TV, nor 4OD, but you can view both on the Ipad/tablet through the appropriate App.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf