Author Topic: Weather first week in November  (Read 2999 times)

Offline cw72

Weather first week in November
« on: September 20, 2010, 13:56:39 PM »
Hi I was thnking about returning to Calis first week in November as some leave has became available and was wondering what the weather is like at that time?

I have been several times June and July as well as a week in Sept a few years back?

Also I would imagine it is a lot quieter?  Are there still enough bars and resteraunts etc open?

Sorry final question what about Fethiye and Olu Deniz are these in any way busier at that time?

Many thanks

C.

Offline Gavos999

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 14:42:55 PM »
Not been in November but i was in Calis/Fethiye last christmas and tempetures hit around 23degrees in the daytime but chilly at night.
A decent number of bars and restaurants will be open and it should be lovely and quiet  :)

would go again this xmas but have to house sit some cats in uk:(

Gav

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 15:58:23 PM »
I have always found November quite warm but sometimes there is rain. I think Olu practically closes down at the end of October.

Offline Eric

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 16:41:35 PM »
Olu closes at the end of October.  The will be 1 or 2 cafe's on the front open during the day for coffee and lunches, but that is all.  Weather can be warm during the day but then again we do have rain during November too.  What is guaranteed is that it will be chilly when the sun goes down.

Offline Julesp

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 16:42:50 PM »
Normally warm but can rain and is chilly at night, the local restaurants and bars stay open all year round, some of the more tourist type places tend to close down or just open at the weekend, but there is enough open to not be bored.
Dolmuses not as frequent and finish earlier at night, usually around 10.30 or 11 pm
My favourite time of year as the weather is usually lovely not too hot and sticky but warm enough to sit outside and no touts outside the bars and restaurants Roll on November!!

Offline cw72

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 16:50:49 PM »
Aprreciate the responses.  Any idea of tempratures?  Is it still warm enough for the pool or is that a no go?

Offline DianaJ

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 18:38:41 PM »
Ive been over the last 3 years for the last week in October, and weather has been lovely mid 20s in the daytime however as everyone else has said chilly in the evenings.  My kids have braved the pool but find the sea a few degrees warmer, we are lucky to have an indoor pool at Sunset Beach so have the use of it even if weather not so warm.
Have to say love that time of the year restaurants not so busy and glad of your business
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 18:39:16 PM by DianaJ »

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 23:25:16 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by cw72

Aprreciate the responses.  Any idea of tempratures?  Is it still warm enough for the pool or is that a no go?

Hi Chris. I think you'll find that most pools are shut down and winterised. There's always the sea which will probably be warmer than any pools that were open 8)

Offline cw72

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 13:23:46 PM »
Thanks to all for your responses. As always very informative and much appreciated.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf