Author Topic: Garden Tables & Chairs  (Read 3662 times)

Offline mutlu

Garden Tables & Chairs
« on: January 03, 2008, 14:32:43 PM »
I was shocked to find the cost of simple garden tables & chairs for my new villa...does anyone know of a good source for these?

Offline julesbob0303

Garden Tables & Chairs
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 15:10:31 PM »
We bought a table and six garden chairs from a shop on the Gunlukbasi road (straight across the dolphin roundabout) when we were over in November.  Like you, we thought they were very expensive. (There were some slightly cheaper ones, but poorer quality.)   We should have shopped around more, but didn't have the time, and needed table and chairs for when we arrive with the kids end of March.  Similar price to UK prices, unusual for Turkey, but may have been ripped off as it was out of season!  Julie

Offline Carpete

Garden Tables & Chairs
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 22:32:06 PM »
Koctas in Antalya/or delivery to your door ( try their website). Ikea via. a shopping service or a bus trip to their  Izmir branch. :)

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
Garden Tables & Chairs
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 22:36:17 PM »
We bought ours while on a visit to marmaris, same items in Calis were more than twice as much
Ron

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Garden Tables & Chairs
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 22:56:52 PM »
Ron,

You never carried a table from Marmaris?

Offline mutlu

Garden Tables & Chairs
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 07:37:29 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Carpete

Koctas in Antalya/or delivery to your door ( try their website). Ikea via. a shopping service or a bus trip to their  Izmir branch. :)

Thanks, I will check on line before coming back to Calis

Offline dycedon

Garden Tables & Chairs
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 08:27:59 AM »
Try Erin Spot, we got ours there and was cheap enough, cant remember exactly how much, also depends on if plastic or wood etc, will pay more for the latter.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Garden Tables & Chairs
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 09:27:45 AM »
It depends really what you want.  Erin Spot is a good bet, but if you want just plastic then try Migros (in season) they usually have them stacked up by the front door.  We went for wooden, and yes they were expensive (from the shop in Gunlukbashi), but they look good, are really comfortable and will last for years.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Garden Tables & Chairs
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 09:59:18 AM »
I would also make a serious point on this [8)]

Cheaper plastic chairs are very risky - with a combination of any or all of the following: weak plastic, hot weather, shiny ceramics and large people, I have known countless occasions where one (or more) of the legs simply collapse under the chair.

This sends the user on a fast and very hard downward collision with the floor. Certainly enough to cause a broken arm or other very nasty injury. Certainly enough to completely ruin a holiday.

I would strongly suggest paying more and getting aluminium/wood furniture - obviously they cost more but will last forever and safely too - and in the long run may be cheaper than replacing broken plastic rubbish.

Offline mutlu

Garden Tables & Chairs
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 10:43:52 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

I would also make a serious point on this [8)]

Cheaper plastic chairs are very risky - with a combination of any or all of the following: weak plastic, hot weather, shiny ceramics and large people, I have known countless occasions where one (or more) of the legs simply collapse under the chair.

This sends the user on a fast and very hard downward collision with the floor. Certainly enough to cause a broken arm or other very nasty injury. Certainly enough to completely ruin a holiday.

I would strongly suggest paying more and getting aluminium/wood furniture - obviously they cost more but will last forever and safely too - and in the long run may be cheaper than replacing broken plastic rubbish.

Thank you for taking the time to reply in such detail, but I never intended to buy "cheap plastic" but still felt the prices in the Calis area were very high compared to what is availble in England
I do hope that all those visitors sitting on plastic chairs outside most of the restaurants, don't have any nasty downward collisions in the middle of their boreks!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf