Author Topic: Izmir  (Read 2115 times)

Offline JG2004

Izmir
« on: December 06, 2004, 12:03:33 PM »
This may sound like a very silly question, but I thought I'd ask it anyway!  I have heard that it is much cheaper to buy furniture in Izmir and that they deliver to Fethiye, I just wondered if anybody has done this?  I am probably going to go to Izmir to get my wedding dress anyway, so thought it might be a good idea to furnish our apartmant at the same time? I realise that it is 5 hours away, but if it's that much cheaper it may be worth it, also get to see a bit of TUrkey in the process!:D

Offline Jax Aspden

Izmir
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 15:42:51 PM »
I'd be interested to hear how you got on sourcing furniture in Izmir - was there a better choice and do they deliver fairly cheaply?

Offline Sylvia Wilkins

Izmir
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 20:34:36 PM »
We brought our Penthouse in Altinkum and furnished there, after being told that if we had gone to Izmir it would have cost half the price, so it is definately worth a visit.

Offline Sinbad

Izmir
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 09:27:50 AM »
Friends just had a few days in Izmir. One half drooled over the electrical gadgets and the other half had fun shopping in M+S!
Lots more choice in the shops and they stocked up on food items not normally found in Fetiye.

Although the drive is long it is very scenic and from what I heard there is also lots to see in the area so it is worth a visit and spending a couple of days.

Offline Orange

Izmir
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 10:24:54 AM »
There certainly are plenty of furniture shops and many others in Izmir and you will find that most of the furniture shops will deliver to Fethiye for a small fee.

Offline JG2004

Izmir
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2005, 10:27:55 AM »
Thanks for your replies.  We'll probably going at the beginnig of April, I'm getting nervous now as getting married in May and still no dress!!!!
I'll let you know how we get on with the furniture though!
Look forward to seeing a bit more of Turkey!
:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf