Author Topic: My topic disappeared ?  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Libra

My topic disappeared ?
« on: December 07, 2010, 11:20:18 AM »
My topic titled "My Whitelist - Blacklist" disappeared suddenly.

Furthermore I have been informed by e-mail about a reply by sunnyd to my topic , but I was unable to read this reply message because that topic disappeared..!!

Do I not deserve any explanation ?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
My topic disappeared ?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 12:00:45 PM »
I'm surprised you even need to ask but for the record:

1. It is not acceptable or professional to publish a "blacklist" of local companies with no qualification or explanation whatsoever

2. It is not acceptable or professional to include a garden/design centre business in your published "blacklist" of companies without qualification, especially when you yourself owns a garden/design centre.

If members have a problem with a company then we are here for them to tell their story. Simply writing "Blacklisted: Company A, Company B, Company C" was never going to be acceptable. Your contribution was removed by the moderators and I would have done the same.

Offline Libra

My topic disappeared ?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 14:12:27 PM »
First of all , I thought this is a discussion forum. If any topic is published , it may be discussed , I assumed.

The businesses mentioned in my topic were based on my own experiences in Fethiye. I wanted to warn people about Bad shops and try to help listing Good shops ; the heading of this section is "Good (or Bad) Shop Guide" , isn't it ?

You have written :

"Simply writing "Blacklisted: Company A, Company B, Company C" was never going to be acceptable. "

...and you continued :

"...to include a garden/design centre business in your published "blacklist" of companies without qualification, especially when you yourself owns a garden/design centre."

I do not own any garden/design centre or any other business in this world and am also no partner of any company or business. I 'm just a retired man.

So , I think it is not professional simply to accuse people without asking or without any serious research.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
My topic disappeared ?
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 14:21:39 PM »
If you want to add a "bad shop" contribution please do, and explain why it is a bad shop in your opinion. A list of businesses that are "blacklisted" without any explanation because they aren't to your taste is not acceptable. That is quite normal. You can work with libellous, unexplained and quite possibly unfounded allegations but you'll have to get your own website to write about them on.

Explained & locked.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf