Author Topic: I need to buy a washing machine  (Read 2482 times)

Offline LOOE

I need to buy a washing machine
« on: September 07, 2011, 10:39:26 AM »
Hi all,
My husband and I have recently got an apartment in Calis because we love it there. We are going back out in the next week and I am wanting to buy a washing machine. Can anyone suggest any places to purchase the washing machine and do you have any ideas on cost? Also some guidance on where not to go would be great too. Thank so much Loo

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 11:17:23 AM »
Try Eren Spot as your first point of call. Otherwise there are numerous electrical shops on the one way sytem in Fethiye

Offline tonysue

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 11:48:58 AM »
Yes Eren spot, dont know price, but he will be cheapest I bet. he will also have it delivered and plumbed in within the hour. :)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 12:18:06 PM »
Don't buy second hand from the guy on Sahibinden who comes and shows you a sparkly looking machine on his laptop.
Have to say that when we were going around comparing prices we didn't find Eren Spot to be all that competive.
Don't doubt he was years ago but can't help feeling hes trading on his reputation now.
There's loads of electrical shops on the back road around Fethiye, we bought a few things from some and all very friendly & helpful.

Offline jackstee

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 14:28:01 PM »
Yes Kaya it reputation and service. Seen lots of posts including our own where out of warantee equipment has been changed within hours of letting them know there was a problem.

Offline tel

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 14:36:37 PM »
Kipa have two models in the shop, don't know how competitive their price is but one is 399TL the other on offer down from 499TL to 449TL.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 15:18:13 PM »
I think Bekir/Eren caused the electrical shops to take a look at how they sold to Brits. Bekir spent years making a little less but a lot more often - shops like the Beko/Arselick/Vestel ones spent years giving the top dollar price and arrogantly pointing to it in the manufacturer's price list, as if to say "what can I do, there's proof". Without people like Bekir, they'd still be selling at list price to those unfortunate enough not to know any better. Plus as Jackstee says, you get years of service and support unique to Eren. I remember going to the Vestel shop and once they realised I had a broken microwave in the car that needed service (rather than being someone looking to buy things) they simply weren't interested and their English seemed to just slip away. They drew a really rubbish map of where the service place was and walked away. I said I brought it to them here in the Vestel shop, could they not take it, to which they replied something like "no car", and turned their back on me once more.

Offline jackstee

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 16:41:45 PM »
Keith. Same happened to me at the big Beko store.

In the end I just left it there with the recipt and my telephone number.
One week later , went in , kiked up a big fuss and they gave me a new one.

Never again

Offline maclarke1

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 19:37:42 PM »
We used Erin Spot for the majority of stuff for our apartment, very competitive on price and a good range of white goods.

Offline farmer

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 20:22:06 PM »
Can't agree more with the positive comments about Eren Spot. We bought some whtie goods and some furniture from him when we moved here seven years ago, and it has all lasted well. Thanks Bekir.
I did not buy my fridge/integral freezer from him though. He did not have anything matching the spec. we wanted. The one we bought finally gave up the ghost a week ago. Did not mind the runny Butter but could not stand the warm beer!
I had seen a special offer of a fridge freezer ( separate doors ) in a well known supermarket - reduced to 900TL. So trotted off into Fethiye to the store only to find out " sold out, no longer available". I hiked up the back road, only to find the exact same model available in the Beko shop for :::799.95TL
Delivered next day. Good result -  and still ahead having used the bonus to stock up with 35 bottles of Efes.
So it pays to shop around, even in Fethiye.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf