Author Topic: Bathrooms  (Read 3968 times)

Offline joan

Bathrooms
« on: October 08, 2011, 13:57:44 PM »
Can anyone reccomend anywhere for getting a new bathroom done.New shower, ceramics ect.Thanks

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Bathrooms
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 14:40:22 PM »
Joan are you looking for a shop selling the bathroom cermaics etc. or are you looking for a builder to put it in, or perhaps both?

Offline busybee

Bathrooms
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 14:42:29 PM »
My friend Mercury had a new bathroom done by Bayram (the electricians) brother.  He made a fantastic job, very reasonable and cost a lot less than quoted by others. Took them round to buy fixtures fittings and tiles and got them a lot less than they had been quoted.If you ring Bayram 0535 2392334 he will sort you out

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Bathrooms
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 16:06:33 PM »
We went to the shop just passed Kipa, heading into Fethiye on the Kipa side of the road.(Not the one opposite which is really expensive).  They don't speak a lot of English, it seems all the Turkish people use the place. They have a really good range of bathroom stuff.  We called in and ordered a bathroom sink and taps which was housed in a unit and we got a matching bathroom cabinet. Saw these at 4.00pm in the afternoon and asked could they be fitted?  They where at our place the next morning took the old sink out and fitted the new stuff we had bought.  They never even broke any of the original tiles and were so clean and tidy.  It was unbelievably cheap, I know because my son is a Plumber.
We would not hesitate to recommend them and we will use them again.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Bathrooms
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 16:54:01 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by joan

Can anyone reccomend anywhere for getting a new bathroom done.New shower, ceramics ect.Thanks

As Barbara says I would ring Bayram I know a few people who have had bathrooms done and all happy.
Mark

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Bathrooms
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 17:16:36 PM »
I had my bathroom done around 18 months ago, I bought nearly everthing I needed at Mendos, which is virtually next door to the Bim that is on the RHS on the main road into Fethiye, just past B&Q but not as far as the Migros turning. Most of the other shops were much of a muchness, but Mendos had some really nice stuff that was a bit different but not hugely more expensive.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Bathrooms
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 17:17:36 PM »
Loz & I are having a load of floor tiles delivered this week from the new "Yeginler Yapi Market", on Adnan Menderes Bulvari. They have the best, most modestly priced selection of tiles, bathroom fittings, etc.etc. & extremely good prices for fitting/installations. We are having 1st quality tiles for a price of 7.5 YTL per square metre, to buy, & the same cost per square metre for fitting. All adhesives are extra; each pack of adhesive will lay 5.52 square metres of floor tiles at 7.5 YTL per pack. Grout, (your colour choice) is 12.5 YTL for enough to do 40 square metres plus.
Hope this helps, the shop is situated on the main road from the Otogar toward Gunlukbasi, a couple of hundred metres before the Shell Petrol Station. Happy Tiling !! :D

Offline joan

Bathrooms
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 17:27:44 PM »
usedbustickets we are looking at someone doing the whole job.Thanks everyone for your replies all have been helpful.Will start by giving bayram a ring.T :)hanks

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Bathrooms
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 12:07:38 PM »
Joan I'd endorse Bayram as well, he's done some really good work for us, and he's a very nice guy with good english.

Can't recommend any one bathroom/cermaic shop as we shopped around with the builder.

Good luck with the project
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:24:10 AM by usedbustickets »

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Bathrooms
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 21:20:09 PM »
Bayram took us to the same place as you Liz and negotiated a better price than we could get. Our bathroom is really modern and Bayrams tesm did a great job 1000 TL less than our first quote for the same tiles, shower screen and vanity unit. etc.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf